Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla on a trailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to move my Tesla Model S from SF to NY. My initial plan was to make it a roadtrip in the Tesla. However, after looking at ABRP I found that the amount of charging time is going to take more time than I have for this trip. I'm now thinking about renting a car and a trailer and putting the Tesla on the trailer. Has anyone got any experience with this? Any company you're aware of that rents out trailers that can hold a Model S and allow for the trailer to be returned in a different city?

It would seem way simpler to just drive at 75 mph, especially with AutoPilot. Leave early in the morning. Stay at hotels very close to a supercharger.

5nCfYkK.jpg

njT7pSC.jpg

Based on my recent roadtrip, 30 minutes of charging can get you about 3 hours of driving at 70mph. Unless you have super strong bladder, you’d need bathroom break anyway. Just be sure to find SC locations with 24 hrs. bathroom (gas station) during non-business hours. 2 people nonstop driving should get you cross country in 2 days. I wish I have a legit excuse to do so.