Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So long time lurker and just recently put my deposit down for the 85D. My Tesla moment comes last April when me and my fiancé rented a Tesla Model S 85. We wanted to test the vehicle during a long trip before we purchased. We decided to drive the coast of California down Highway 1. During our trip we stopped at a local beach in Half Moon Bay just south of the Ritz Carlton. As we pulled into the parking lot of the beach we noticed several school busses and kids around. Apparently a school field trip was there. We parked our Tesla in an open stall and just before we got out several kids had already started surrounding the front of our car and started taking pictures of our car. My fiancée turned to me and said she feels like a celebrity with the paparazzi all around. As we exited the car the kids ignored us and continued taking pictures of the car. We had already made up our mind of buying the car but this moment sealed the deal. May cannot come soon enough.

So long time lurker and just recently put my deposit down for the 85D. My Tesla moment comes last April when me and my fiancé rented a Tesla Model S 85. We wanted to test the vehicle during a long trip before we purchased. We decided to drive the coast of California down Highway 1. During our trip we stopped at a local beach in Half Moon Bay just south of the Ritz Carlton. As we pulled into the parking lot of the beach we noticed several school busses and kids around. Apparently a school field trip was there. We parked our Tesla in an open stall and just before we got out several kids had already started surrounding the front of our car and started taking pictures of our car. My fiancée turned to me and said she feels like a celebrity with the paparazzi all around. As we exited the car the kids ignored us and continued taking pictures of the car. We had already made up our mind of buying the car but this moment sealed the deal. May cannot come soon enough.
Welcome! What a GREAT first post. Thanks!!

Welcome to the family. Your post put a smile on my face. I got flashback of people taking pictures of our car WHILE we were in the car. So this is how it feels like being a celebrity.... :love:

Finally had my first random Tesla Moment conversation with a random person on Friday. Forgot to post about it until now.

On the way to work, after stopping behind cars at a light with a squeak of the cold brakes, the guy to my right honked and motioned to roll down the window. He asked "How does the battery hold up in the cold weather?", to which I replied "Pretty good" as traffic started moving again. Temperature was somewhere around 10-15°F.

Two new Tesla Moments...
I've told my wife about many of the smaller Tesla moments... various thumbs ups/etc from other drivers, to a guy that walked out in (slow) traffic to say he liked the car.. but she had never experienced one until the other weekend... We finally get nice weather, and go out, parking in a busy (pedestrian) strip. When we got back into the car, I notice a guy really checking out the car. I go to open my door and chat with him, when my wife surprises me (she normally doesn't like attention) by opening her window (closer to the guy). He proceeds to come right up to the window... and starts the conversation "I don't know which I like better, the hot car, or the hot lady in the car" (i'm a lucky guy). My wife turned red! He then went on and talked about the car (quickly left the creep zone). Later she asked me if that happened to me a lot "No Dear, no one ever says I'm hot in the car, and no, I never have other hot women in the car!".

Last night, out at a show with a buddy, we return to the car, only to find someone taking picture after picture. I chat chat with him, showing him the car, as other people leaving the show walk by and comment about the car. When all was said and done, my buddy (good sport about it, we weren't in a rush) said to me "how do you get anything done if that happens every time you park the car?!".

They just keep coming...

During winter time in Ottawa the roads are covered in salt and grime to ensure the roads are as safe as posdible to drive. This of course necessitates frequent car washes. The great thing about this is the ability to drive into a gas station and ask only for a car wash. The usual reply "You did not buy gas!" The usual reply "Not needed with an electric car". The usual response "oh!" when they see the car, you see their smile!

Oh My.
Started driving UBER and so there have been more Moments in a given week than from May to New Year's. :D
I won't forget the young inspector for the City, my last step in getting the License, grinning from ear to ear as we put Pearlie May thru the paces ... he already knew all about the cars. Need to get back to him and offer a proper test drive. :)

Oh My.
Started driving UBER and so there have been more Moments in a given week than from May to New Year's. :D
I won't forget the young inspector for the City, my last step in getting the License, grinning from ear to ear as we put Pearlie May thru the paces ... he already knew all about the cars. Need to get back to him and offer a proper test drive. :)

I haven't tried UBER yet but if I know they have Model S somewhere I will for sure support it :)

Is it possible to request a certain brand of car, or do you have to take what is closest?

Hope you enjoy driving your Model S - and be PAID to do so :)

Is it possible to request a certain brand of car, or do you have to take what is closest?
You see a map, cars on the map, punch each car to get the profile... it apparently gives driver's name and picture and Rating, car's Make and Model and pictures. You don't like what's close, you pick something you do like!

Several pax have lost bets with their friends, saying "NO WAY it's a Tesla, bet it's just his nickname for his car" - but they never hold a grudge once they slide in and we get going.
Hope you enjoy driving your Model S - and be PAID to do so :)
I moonlighted as a musician for decades... this has way exceeded that enjoyment factor.
Introduces a lot of new people to Tesla too!

Last edited:
I was driving home from work late one night. The main street I usually took approaching downtown had an accident or some commotion, so to avoid the traffic I pulled off into one of the side streets (which, in that part of town tends to be a bit shady).

As I came to a stop sign, I looked to my right and there was a prostitute right there on the sidewalk waving at me. I didn't know this at the time, but apparently here some of them just get in the car without asking, rather than waiting until you call them or talking through the window. I had looked away for a few seconds or so, then back to my right and now she was at my door. Funny thing is, I could hear her complaining and confused through the window-- "hey... how do I get in, what the hell, where's the handle... let me in...".

I kind of chuckled as I drove away, thinking it would be a funny ad for Tesla as a "feature" for their cars.. "prostitute-proof".

I was driving home from work late one night. The main street I usually took approaching downtown had an accident or some commotion, so to avoid the traffic I pulled off into one of the side streets (which, in that part of town tends to be a bit shady).

As I came to a stop sign, I looked to my right and there was a prostitute right there on the sidewalk waving at me. I didn't know this at the time, but apparently here some of them just get in the car without asking, rather than waiting until you call them or talking through the window. I had looked away for a few seconds or so, then back to my right and now she was at my door. Funny thing is, I could hear her complaining and confused through the window-- "hey... how do I get in, what the hell, where's the handle... let me in...".

I kind of chuckled as I drove away, thinking it would be a funny ad for Tesla as a "feature" for their cars.. "prostitute-proof".

Great story! You should have pushed the P button to let the handle out (P for prostitute).

That's epic.