Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X versus BMW X6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my wife saw it this weekend, she fell in love. But our kids have all moved out, so this does not make any practical sense for just two old timers.

Grandkids. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody else see an angry-face when they look at the front of the Model X in your picture?

Angry Owl.

I hope they tone that down a bit by the time it hits production. But this will be for my wife. She's a Rice University grad, so the whole owl thing would be kind of fitting.

I thought they were going for falcon:

Peregrine_mom_angry_CMartin.jpg

Angry Falcon

Based on pics alone, I'd say the X6 is more masculine and has more "presence", while the X is more elegant and sleek. As I said before the reveal, from the outline I suspected the X6 and Model X would be somewhat similar, and they sort of are.

If they're going after soccer moms and the minivan crowd, no need to get more aggressive on looks IMO -- though, I wouldn't mind. I still remember that Model S designer mockup that was very aggressive. I liked it mucho.

*edit* here it is -- I suppose this would make a decent Roadster 3.0 or bluestar performance.

View attachment 4323

I'm very grateful that Tesla didn't build car with this design and I hope they never do. It's quite ordinary.

Was driving behind and beside an X6 today and it looks so beefy from the back, very very cool, now when the Model X drops.... man....

also the Model X tail lights are literally the X6's tail lights flipped upside down lol

I personally think the X6 is super ugly.. The breeding between the sedan and suv produced an ugly offspring.. It looks too much like a sedan to be an SUV... Its really unfortunate that Tesla decided to go with the same look.. i was hoping they would have a completely different look as they really have free reign to build around the battery..

I personally think the X6 is super ugly.. The breeding between the sedan and suv produced an ugly offspring.. It looks too much like a sedan to be an SUV... Its really unfortunate that Tesla decided to go with the same look.. i was hoping they would have a completely different look as they really have free reign to build around the battery..

They have free reign, except for aero dynamics. Many SUVs look like SUVs because they are big and bulky. Not really good for the drag coefficient.