Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X is charging slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since a week now my Tesla Model X 100D won't charge as it used to. At my usual charging station 16/16 A it doesn't go faster than 14 km/hr... while it used to be 40 or 41 km/hr. I had the installation checked and bought a new cable but it won't help. At other public charging stations it is the same... at Tesla they told me that the cold winter temperatures are the problem which is somewhat hard to believe. At the super charger it still charges fast. Does anybody has had similar experiences?

Hi, with the charging speed you are providing, and the value set to 16 amp, you have probably switched from a 16 amp 3 phases charge to 1 phase 16 amp charge.
Please let your electrician check if ALL three phases of the outlet are working, and if not, probably you have a problem in detecting three phases on your Tesla charger...
What is your smartphone app saying while charging? Ise there the "3" number near the charging amp displayed?

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200