Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unpredictable. The inventory rotation is a big black box. When it reappears is anyone's guess. It might have never re-appeared.

Interesting! Well I like my chances of getting the car now given this is a very common event. I ended up getting a 2015 85D in Midnight Silver Metallic with 10k miles,, Pano roof, 19" wheels, Black Leather Seats, AP 1.0 with Tech Package and the Subzero package for $72,500. Based on what I've seen from all of the other listings, this seemed like a steal!

Did I say anything about abuse or you shouldn't do what you are planning to do? So "leave that up to Tesla if I use it too much" is fine as I didn't touch on the subject. Instead, the crux of my statements is "a lifetime of free charges vs. 70 bucks a year is a pretty big difference if you keep a car 10 years". Sorry, as others have alluded, you should not let $700 over 10 years dictate your decision to get the car now vs. later.

Burn me if you feel so, but I've used the Charlotte Supercharger many times vs. charging at home. It is in a grocery store parking lot and on top of every month having an owner's club lunch at the Chinese restaurant there (I move my car before we go into the restaurant), I sometimes stop by and do grocery shopping there if I won't prevent others from charging. IMO, when done in such a manner to not impact others and not overly abuse Tesla's offerings, I have no problem with it. I still wouldn't let Supercharging access limits before charging dictate such a large purchase. I could get an AP2 car right now (and even got a trade-in quote from Tesla for my car), but figured to not rush into such a decision over getting lifetime Supercharging that I would surely use on my Florida trips.

Just November + December (the only two month's I've tracked so far) Supercharging would have used up most of the 400 kWh yearly free Supercharging if I was on the new terms. I still wouldn't rush to get a car simply over trying to get in on the old terms.

View attachment 208120

Penny-wise, pound-foolish.
That is some neat program you're using there, do you mind sharing what it is and how a mere mortal man such as myself could get in on it.

Edit: Nevermind, should have read all the posts before asking. And this is why I'll always be a mere mortal man

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby and Cyclone
So this is kind of, Twilight Zone like...

My car is in for annual service and LTE retrofit today, and they gave me a S85 loaner. P32355.

I thought to myself: "Self -- I wonder if this is an ex-CPO car?"... and since I maintain the history of all CPOs listed.. sure enough, this VIN was a CPO first listed on Jan 15th for $72,900.

See: EV CPO Consolidator ev-cpo.com

And then it was removed on Feb 18th as part of "The CPO Purge of 2016".

And as far as CPOs go, this car is in immaculate shape for roughly 32,000 miles. I definitely do not like the tan interior. Also driving a car that's about the same mileage as my P85+, but more than double in VIN count (15xxx versus 32xxx), shows a big difference in build quality. It's also just an "S" and not P or P+, so the ride is much smoother. And acceleration is really still pretty good for a S85 (much better than I expected). Sure, it doesn't snap your neck like my P85+ does from a stop, but once it gets up to 20mph and higher, it's almost the same.

It's also good to see a non-AP car with the latest firmware version, since I'm sure my car will be force-upgraded today during the service visit. :(

This car is still in the loaner fleet and my wife just picked it up this morning as a service loaner. It's sporting the Aero (not my taste) wheels with snow tire package and still in pristine condition with ~ 44k miles on it. Looking forward to being able to test out the rear facing seats to see if my kids care for it and possibly add them to my S.

Thanks for bumping this thread... had something funny to post.

Was just looking at this car in Belgium: 85 kWh Model S 5YJSA2DP7DFP27653 | Tesla Belgique

And I wanted to translate the Options from French to English. Google translates "Dual Chargers" in French ("Chargeurs doubles") as "Double Loaders" and my favorite, "Ultra-High Fidelity" in French ("Son très haute fidélité") is translated to "Its very high fidelity"

And I wanted to translate the Options from French to English. Google translates "Dual Chargers" in French ("Chargeurs doubles") as "Double Loaders" and my favorite, "Ultra-High Fidelity" in French ("Son très haute fidélité") is translated to "Its very high fidelity"

Those are fun translations. In my limited French experience, Haute usually means high as in high class, chic, very fashionable. Funny that the french use it to describe high fidelity.

First 100D has shown up! It is listed for $111,050 ($112,250 with Destination and Doc Fee included) which is the same price as a brand new build, but its available right now! Even I am tempted to buy it. If only it had Ultra High Fidelity Sound I would buy it right now instead of the 100D I have on order.

I give this one 12 hours before it's sold... Who will be the lucky one?!

Check it out on Tesla Inventory.
upload_2017-2-20_0-41-16.png

https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJSA1E28HF186714

Thanks Erik

First 100D has shown up! It is listed for $111,050 ($112,250 with Destination and Doc Fee included) which is the same price as a brand new build, but its available right now! Even I am tempted to buy it. If only it had Ultra High Fidelity Sound I would buy it right now instead of the 100D I have on order.

Check it out on Tesla Inventory.
View attachment 215587

https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJSA1E28HF186714

Thanks Erik
The 100d is tempting but as expected it does not have free supercharging. As for thr sound cant you just upgrade to after market sound? Yes it will cost more and probably more hassle but I hear it is better than the stock sound.

As for me the blue color does kill it. And the new price is not super high compared to the older 90d. Other than that it looks good.

The 100d is tempting but as expected it does not have free supercharging. As for thr sound cant you just upgrade to after market sound? Yes it will cost more and probably more hassle but I hear it is better than the stock sound.

As for me the blue color does kill it. And the new price is not super high compared to the older 90d. Other than that it looks good.

Yes, I have already accepted not having free Supercharging. I had an order for a new 90D with free Supercharging but I wanted the 100D instead so gave up the Supercharging. I just sold my refresh 90D before I went on vacation that I picked up in June, 2016 and I can't wait to get my new one. I just wanted AP 2.0.

As far as aftermarket sound, I've heard a lot of conflicting reports on vendor issues and I enjoyed the ultra high fidelity sound in my last Model S.

Thanks Erik

Minor correction: It doesn't have unlimited free supercharging.
Still has 400kWh free every year.

First 100D has shown up! ...

Thanks Erik

If you read the other Model S ordering thread, Bonaire posted the same car Feb 8th, so I am not sure it will be 12 hours before this one is sold since the cat was already out of the bag on one of the stickied threads on this forum. With that said, it certainly was hard to find, and I asked Bonaire how s/he found the car and instead of giving me an answer that would help me find similar cars, I was just told it's "proprietary" which I assume is a trick having to do with VIN assembly line prediction but who knows (shrug).

As someone eying the 100D as my potential first model S, I admit having drooled over this. Blue is not my color though as someone else opined as well for themselves. I honestly prefer a car that doesn't stand out and am looking at custom more in the dark simple shades than bright blue.

If you read the other Model S ordering thread, Bonaire posted the same car Feb 8th, so I am not sure it will be 12 hours before this one is sold since the cat was already out of the bag on one of the stickied threads on this forum. With that said, it certainly was hard to find, and I asked Bonaire how s/he found the car and instead of giving me an answer that would help me find similar cars, I was just told it's "proprietary" which I assume is a trick having to do with VIN assembly line prediction but who knows (shrug).

I see that thread now. His way is not proprietary by any means. It's simply a brute force on Tesla's website hitting all the different VIN combinations. That is something that could be done very quickly, 10 minutes. Not something I would ever do OR post because brute force searches can and are noticed on Tesla's end and can easily be shut down by blocking your IP address. ** The reason I do not participate in brute force searches is because I do not want to list cars that Tesla itself isn't yet listing for sale. Doing so is frowned upon and will only get you shut down. Those cars aren't listed for a reason and I will keep it that way.**

Tesla didn't start listing that car publicly/officially until February 15th. I just checked the database.

Thanks Erik

Just saw a 2014 S85 CPO with autopilot was listed for $52,500.
42k miles. Very good price for AP1 and the cheapest car with AP available by about $12,000 at the moment.

Someone's going to get a steal.

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H19EFP57495 | Tesla

And it's gone. How did you find that one? I'm looking for that exact car and have notifications with Ev-cpo hunter, didn't see it. How'd you? That's an awesome deal too, sub 55k AP is rare.