Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I played with it for a while. It was either $0 if it is a "close" service center, or $2000 if not. I couldn't find a combination that was anywhere in between. It still needs more analysis which I'll do tomorrow and report back.

Interesting. I paid $750 for transportation from the San Jose area to Buena Park. Now when I find San Francisco cars, they say $0 transportation fee. So I could have saved $750 if I had waited a few weeks, I guess.

Wow but 125Km on it. I didn't know Tesla certified cars with that many miles on it.

125,000 km is the new 50,000 km. ;-)
Our CPO S85 has 90,000 km on it and it feels the same as it did with 60,000 km a year ago when we bought it.

I've driven gas cars past 250,000 km and the engines were still running strong. I simply got tired of the car after 10 years of the same thing!

Sure, the interior and electrical of a car degrades over years of driving, but putting on km in a short time (3.5 years in this case) is not a big issue for an EV.

Delivery day! Picking up my car in buena park now. I forgot my checklist, so I ended up winging it. Car looked great for 40K miles, and appears to have a full wrap from the prior owner.

On the way home, I got a coolant low message tho, so i have to drive to the Van Nuys service center to jave them check it out

Reactions: DarkMatter
Well, now I am chilling at the Van nuys service center while they check my car out. The biggest downside about having to make this detour, is I might no longer have enough charge to drive home. At pickup, it was only charged to 170 miles. I skipped the supercharger there since I would have 23% battery if I had gone straight home. Now, I might have to stop at a Level 2 charger to gain some charge to make it home. Too bad I didnt bring the chademo adapter I bought earlier with me for the delivery. Oh well.

Well, now I am chilling at the Van nuys service center while they check my car out. The biggest downside about having to make this detour, is I might no longer have enough charge to drive home. At pickup, it was only charged to 170 miles. I skipped the supercharger there since I would have 23% battery if I had gone straight home. Now, I might have to stop at a Level 2 charger to gain some charge to make it home. Too bad I didnt bring the chademo adapter I bought earlier with me for the delivery. Oh well.
Couldn't you stop at the Burbank Supercharger? Isn't it about 15 miles away?

Range Anxiety Pshaw! Made it home without stopping and 16 miles left. That was tons on my Volt ;)

20161216_155102.jpg

20161216_154951.jpg

She is home now! I will post more photos in a new thread once I take her out for her glamour shots.

Oh, oddly enough, at the Van Nuys service center, they were charging cars off of a diesel generator. Their chargers must have been down or something

Hey everyone, quick question regarding your CPO experience. My delivery date has finally been confirmed (exactly 8 weeks from date of deposit).

I initially received a preliminary MVPA (purchase agreement) a few days after placing my deposit with 33k miles reported on the odometer. Today I received my final MVPA and the mileage has gone up some 622 miles to 34k in the 2 months it was waiting "in the inspection queue" (as I've been repeatedly told).

Now, I'm a bit unhappy about this as I know from EV-CPO price/sales history that pricing tends to be sensitive to mileage, and they never informed me that the car would continue to be used as a loaner/demo (only explanation I've been able to come up with) after I placed my deposit on it. I've reached out to my DS in the meantime. Just wondering if they is typical/to be expected as part of the CPO game.

Thanks!

I think it's typical, but also if it were me, I wouldn't fret too much about 600 extra miles on a 33k mile car. As long as your warranty starts with the actual mileage at delivery you should be good.

You can always ask for an adjustment, or say, throw in a Chademo charger or one free annual service visit if that would make you feel better.

I kind of look at it as a "choose your battles" issue. Like if there are also little things on the car that they overlooked, or you just want addressed, you might burn the chance to get those fixed if you've already insisted on a price for miles adjustment. But again, that's just me. Then if they refuse to fix some little issue with the car, you could always come back and say "well, if that's the case, I want a $600 adjustment for the 600 extra miles on the MVPA".

Is it possible that the car was just driven between two service centers?

I think it's typical, but also if it were me, I wouldn't fret too much about 600 extra miles on a 33k mile car. As long as your warranty starts with the actual mileage at delivery you should be good.

You can always ask for an adjustment, or say, throw in a Chademo charger or one free annual service visit if that would make you feel better.

I kind of look at it as a "choose your battles" issue. Like if there are also little things on the car that they overlooked, or you just want addressed, you might burn the chance to get those fixed if you've already insisted on a price for miles adjustment. But again, that's just me. Then if they refuse to fix some little issue with the car, you could always come back and say "well, if that's the case, I want a $600 adjustment for the 600 extra miles on the MVPA".

Is it possible that the car was just driven between two service centers?

Thanks for the insight, I hadn't considered using the discrepancy as a bargaining chip.

The car was trucked up from SD/OC to Buena Park, even if driven that's no more than 150 miles. I'm more upset they told me the car has been in various queues waiting for inspection/repair/etc with no mention of it being driven/accumulating miles while I waited.

Depending on my DS's response, I may just keep this issue in my back pocket in case there are issues at delivery.

Thanks for the insight, I hadn't considered using the discrepancy as a bargaining chip.

The car was trucked up from SD/OC to Buena Park, even if driven that's no more than 150 miles. I'm more upset they told me the car has been in various queues waiting for inspection/repair/etc with no mention of it being driven/accumulating miles while I waited.

Depending on my DS's response, I may just keep this issue in my back pocket in case there are issues at delivery.

The loaner I had a couple weeks back was on the CPO. The website was consistently behind in reporting mileage. The second day I had it, I looked at the listing when I woke up and it was 120ish miles behind the actual mileage.

It is entirely possible that the car did not continue "being driven/accumulating miles while I waited", but was out as a loaner when you bought it and just needed to catch up to the miles when it was returned. Last year I put almost 500 miles on a loaner in one weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
The loaner I had a couple weeks back was on the CPO. The website was consistently behind in reporting mileage. The second day I had it, I looked at the listing when I woke up and it was 120ish miles behind the actual mileage.

It is entirely possible that the car did not continue "being driven/accumulating miles while I waited", but was out as a loaner when you bought it and just needed to catch up to the miles when it was returned. Last year I put almost 500 miles on a loaner in one weekend.

My car was never listed on ev-cpo. I'm only noticing the inconsistencies in 2 versions of the same doc I received from Tesla.

I fully understand CPO cars listed for sale are subject to being actively used in the loaner fleet (mine was for some time). However, I've never read that these cars continue to be used DURING the refurbishment process.