Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the driver's mirror be manually pulled in? (IE by reaching out the window and grabbing it?) As long as I can do that to get past the garage door jamb on the drivers side, I should be good.
If I remember correctly, yes you can manually fold the mirror in
Correct. They fold in, just not automatically. The cars with the tech package will also tilt in reverse even if they don't auto-fold.

• Informative
Reactions: dgpcolorado
I occasionally peek the ev cpo site to see what's there. I always ignore the Canada/Europe/HK lines, but, for some reason, the Europe/HK inventory number caught my eye today. 775 listed. Seems like an awful lot. Is it typically this high?
Wow. That's interesting. I wonder if Tesla is trying to shift inventory overseas as part of the strategy to maximize the $7500 US tax credit and the timing of the Model 3 launch and ramp.

They work by region, so your best bet is to search through this thread to find the contact info for a California adviser. If you have problems finding someone, the adviser who helped me (midwest region) was Brent Seavey. He can probably point you in the right direction. His email is his first initial and last name at tesla.com

Why are some CPO's with AP 1.0 listed with N on Tech package?
Does this mean they have AP but no NAV?

I'm assuming you're asking about my site -- I made the Tech Package distinct from AP1.0. If a car has AP1.0 it automatically has the Tech Package features. In other words, you can't have an AP1.0 car without the tech package. I did this so people looking at early cars could select/deselect/view Tech Package separate from AP1.0. Shortly after AP1.0 was released, the features of the Tech Package either became standard options or part of the Premium Upgrade package (see the "PREMIUM" column).

I see only 6 P85Ds made during this period that have AP1.0 and the tech package but not the Premium Upgrade Package, but has "N" for both TP and PUP. There aren't many cars that fall into this category.

If you have any other specific questions, please use this thread: EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

Thanks.

The CPOs have no bearing on the Federal tax credit.
NEW cars, not used.

I think Wshowel was replying to MountainHigh's observation of 775 Inventory cars in Europe and Hong Kong, which are new cars that qualify for the US Tax credit if sold in the US.

But I think it's way too early for Tesla to start shifting sales around the globe in order to manipulate the timing US Tax Credit with respect to the Model 3, since we don't even know yet when it will be sold/released. Simply put, a six month delay in M3 sales could wipe out the tax credit from S and X sales during that period.

I think Wshowel was replying to MountainHigh's observation of 775 Inventory cars in Europe and Hong Kong, which are new cars that qualify for the US Tax credit if sold in the US.

But I think it's way too early for Tesla to start shifting sales around the globe in order to manipulate the timing US Tax Credit with respect to the Model 3, since we don't even know yet when it will be sold/released. Simply put, a six month delay in M3 sales could wipe out the tax credit from S and X sales during that period.
Oh that makes sense! My mistake, for some reason I thought he was talking about the used models.

Ugh, the pain begins. Got an offer from Tesla on my Volt trade in for 10500 before the inspection. Took it to Carmax today only to find out that when I was rear ended 3 months after buying it by an uninsured driver I did end up with frame damage. (The body shop claimed no frame damage). So Carmax only offered $9500.

Note: my Carfax is clean, but because I know it was hit, I am not selling private party.

So I am going to sell it to Carmax and see if I can get $1000 in dimished value from my insurance company. I doubt that will go well.

I hate car buying/selling. Hopefully it will be all better when I pick up my CPO.

Now that my deal is done I will share my story. After heartache from missing out on some great deals last winter and them not materializing this winter, I decided to take another look at third party sellers. As I was looking at the VINs something struck me, certainly one or more of these out there were PREVIOUSLY CPO!

I started looking up VINs in Hank's historical database, bingo! Two near where my brother lives in the Dallas area. Blue P85 loaded with VIN > 7000 with >2.5 years left on the CPO. How did I know that it was sold as a CPO and not just UNlisted? Cross-check the dates against the free Carfax or Autocheck (provided by the seller). If mileage and dates of registration in the Carfax history match the date it was removed from CPO listing chances are it was sold as CPO and that date and mileage reflect the warranty reset. I called the nearest service center and asked about the warranty expiration and was able to confirm expiration at 66,000 instead of 50,000 miles!

I eschewed 1-owner listings - guaranteed a sooner rather than later warranty expiration (unless the owner extended the warranty with Tesla). I shared my use case of his history, but figured it would be counter-productive sharing it before I completed my purchase. I hope someone else can benefit from this. Hank's tool really is quite useful.

Now I will focus on getting it to Nashville from Dallas. Can anyone recommend a shipper?

Now that my deal is done I will share my story. After heartache from missing out on some great deals last winter and them not materializing this winter, I decided to take another look at third party sellers. As I was looking at the VINs something struck me, certainly one or more of these out there were PREVIOUSLY CPO!

I started looking up VINs in Hank's historical database, bingo! Two near where my brother lives in the Dallas area. Blue P85 loaded with VIN > 7000 with >2.5 years left on the CPO. How did I know that it was sold as a CPO and not just UNlisted? Cross-check the dates against the free Carfax or Autocheck (provided by the seller). If mileage and dates of registration in the Carfax history match the date it was removed from CPO listing chances are it was sold as CPO and that date and mileage reflect the warranty reset. I called the nearest service center and asked about the warranty expiration and was able to confirm expiration at 66,000 instead of 50,000 miles!

I eschewed 1-owner listings - guaranteed a sooner rather than later warranty expiration (unless the owner extended the warranty with Tesla). I shared my use case of his history, but figured it would be counter-productive sharing it before I completed my purchase. I hope someone else can benefit from this. Hank's tool really is quite useful.

Now I will focus on getting it to Nashville from Dallas. Can anyone recommend a shipper?

Congrats!

I've used a shipper that worked on getting me a good price to get one of my MS shipped. Got his name from a collector who purchased a car from me on ebay and had it picked up. if that's what you're looking for, let me know and I can PM you his info.