Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Tesla mentioned you need a new pyro fuse yet? I would think most p85d owners got the warning since this is older than a lot of 2017 x’s getting the warning. I was trying to find an owner who was refused this service under esa? I have a 12/2015 build and no pyro fuse warning yet

When my car was upgraded to 100kWh battery, I'm 99.44% sure they changed the pyro fuse at the same time.

What items have you needed repaired under the esa after your battery was upgraded

Cinching motor (3 times), both front half shafts, volume knob, several others I can't recall off the top of my head. Nothing replaced under the ESA had to do with the battery or charging system.

edit: Also: charge port door, right pax door handle (2x), pax window regulator, 1st gen battery heater.

Last edited:
When my car was upgraded to 100kWh battery, I'm 99.44% sure they changed the pyro fuse at the same time.
Pyro fuse was replaced under warranty on my 11/13 built S85 when the drive unit went bad at 90K miles. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but they also replaced the HV contactors too when the Service alerts were showing an out of spec low impedance. Service Mode currently shows the HV Battery and it's components are in "good health," (for now)

I was there just a few months ago to replace a hood on my Model S. The guys were absolutely great, I loved the time there, but they did look pretty beat. It could simply be that Jason is on vacation, and he's the main voice of the company when it comes to online interaction. Russ (sales) does a great job, but I don't think any one guy can keep up with all of this. Be patient! In a few weeks we'll check on this again. But, it's always a little nerve racking when these things happen, so I certainly understand. Still, I'm going to go for trust in these guys, having met them in person now, I think we can give them that.

It's sad, I I gave them 2k,and they went out of business?? We are all hoping more shops open to do battery work. Eventually a lot of cars will be out of warranty and don't want to go to Tesla.

Do you have absolute proof that they have gone out of business? That's a pretty dramatic thing to say. And could hurt their business to a great degree. Unless you are sure of that, I don't think it's wise to say it.

Is there anyone close to North Carolina who could take a run by there?

Do you have absolute proof that they have gone out of business? That's a pretty dramatic thing to say. And could hurt their business to a great degree. Unless you are sure of that, I don't think it's wise to say it.

Is there anyone close to North Carolina who could take a run by there?
What kind of business doesn’t answer the phone or return emails? If this is happening it’s not a quality organization. Also there was another recent snafu with people claiming they wouldn’t return their money on canceled policies in a timely manner

Also there was another recent snafu with people claiming they wouldn’t return their money on canceled policies in a timely manner
Have you read the posts about what was going on with these kinds of things? They've been having to deal with a lot of people filing fraudulent refund requests and fraudulent chargebacks, and it has caused some issues with their credit card processor. Details about it are given in posts #202 and #218 on page 11 of this thread:

Have you read the posts about what was going on with these kinds of things? They've been having to deal with a lot of people filing fraudulent refund requests and fraudulent chargebacks, and it has caused some issues with their credit card processor. Details about it are given in posts #202 and #218 on page 11 of this thread:

You have a lot of good info on them do you know an insider to the company or are you just familiar with them and the posts they make here by wk057?

You have a lot of good info on them do you know an insider to the company or are you just familiar with them and the posts they make here by wk057?
No, I don't know them in any way at all except for my wayyy too obsessive reading here on this forum. I just like and appreciate the services they have been offering, and it bothers me a bit seeing accusations and suspicion so quickly from lack of forum participation.

Lack of response to emails and phone calls would be more concerning, but with being one of only a couple of actually good aftermarket shops in the country and not overcharging for the services, I understand them being incredibly loaded with work.

Lots going on. Some good things, some not great things. Frontline support is stretched thin at the moment and we're just not getting to all calls/emails.

Will post an update soon.
Thank you. It’s just concerning since I haven’t heard back since last December. Anyone in my shoes who’s paid this much for anything would be very concerned. A periodic email update to paid customers would be wonderful. Not everyone is aware of this website or this specific thread.

Reactions: brainhouston
Thank you. It’s just concerning since I
Lots going on. Some good things, some not great things. Frontline support is stretched thin at the moment and we're just not getting to all calls/emails.

Will post an update soon.

haven’t heard back since last December. Anyone in my shoes who’s paid this much for anything would be very concerned. A periodic email update to paid customers would be wonderful. Not everyone is aware of this website or this specific thread. Still waiting for my BMD.