Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model C Concept Design Study

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's the absurd wheels that are putting me off the most. It looks a lot like a Honda Civic hatchback...which is a car that commonly gets that treatment I mentioned. My dad used to call them popcorn fart cars :)

A quick Google search shows a prime example:
honda-civic-hatchback.jpg

Edit: The one Kipernicus linked is quite a bit better to my eye, other than, again, the absurd wheels.

I think it's really difficult to make a car that small to look expensive/"good". The C Concept is pretty darn close.

I think it needs to be a sedan. But some dimension of the car will be somewhat askew giving it some miracle improvement over any other car. ;)

-m

I hope they don't go with an ugly clown car look like all the other EVs have. Just a normal sedan please. They can make it look a bit exotic, but not goofy.

Edit: also, for the record: I haven't seen a single concept drawing of the Model 3 that didn't look like a clown car--except for the one that was circling around with the official announcement of the Model 3.

Even the intern's concept looked a bit goofy, although his was better than the rest.

Remember, this thread isn't about the Model 3 (it doesn't really belong in this section), but speculating about a future even smaller hatchback that the OP is calling the Model C. I always find that variations on the Model S design are my favorite, and others look either boring or weird. Here's my take (don't know if this would even be buildable, but I think it looks nice):

ModelC.jpg

Remember, this thread isn't about the Model 3 (it doesn't really belong in this section), but speculating about a future even smaller hatchback that the OP is calling the Model C. I always find that variations on the Model S design are my favorite, and others look either boring or weird. Here's my take (don't know if this would even be buildable, but I think it looks nice):

View attachment 71191

Surprisingly, I like that. Kinda on the weird side but I still like it. Looks like a cross between a Model S and Mini Cooper.

View attachment 71191

I had a similar idea (a bit more compact) myself a while back. Sorry for the crude photoshop.

tesla.jpg

That's quite good actually.:cool:The shorter front and longer windshield look more futuristic than the classic hatchback shape of the grey one. Similar to Honda jazz vs old style hatchbacks
It would be great if it were like a Mini Cooper or a Golf.Very small but with a wide wheelbase, great turning radius, sporty, fun, efficient, but still practical and able to carry 5 or use the hatchback trunk for a lot of storage. Just ditch the frunk and trunk so it is shorter but with just as much passenger space.
tesla model 3.jpg

Here is one that Theophilus Chin came up with. It's a little more down-to-earth but still attractive and practical.

8964103939_fe627f877f_o.jpg
8964103999_e03ffd52fd_o.jpg

Here's his small sedan version too. I love practical but it looks too boring, even for me. (And he forgot the pop-out door handles.)

12300592485_5e318432c7_o.jpg
12301172346_1bd7dd3076_o.jpg

Last edited: