Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is learning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
I just want to throw out a big kudos to Tesla and Elon for such an amazing day yesterday. It had the potential to be a PITA nightmare if they had not been prepared for the large crowds at the stores, or the massive online audience for the reveal or for the large number of online orders. We've certainly seen the issues in the past where the servers were not up to snuff and such. Yesterday ran like clockwork, reserving couldn't have been easier or faster. And the program even started on time and went without a glitch!

I think this wider audience comes with high expectations and Tesla certainly made a great first impression on those new buyers yesterday!

Amen to that. And I was VERY pleasantly surprised at the presentation itself. As much as I love Elon and Tesla, his presentation skills tend to be lackluster at best (and embarrassing at worst - witness the Model X launch). But this was very nicely done. He's still not the best public speaker, but the giant screen behind him, the story he laid out, and the buildup to the reveal itself were very nicely done. An auspicious start to an unprecedented revolution in automobiles - I just wish I could have been there to see it in person!

I was also pleased with the process. I was stunned to see about 100 people at the Raleigh store already in line when I arrived about 90 minutes early. The line at least doubled behind us! The reservation process was smooth and fast. I was reserved and out of there by about 11:15am, which is pretty quick for all the folks that were ahead of me.

I second that! Kudos to Tesla. I reserved in Frankfurt / Germany with about 40-50 other people. The store is quite small, but the Tesla store manager and team did a really great job. ...and I loved the cup cakes! Really great atmosphere and good mood - totally different than with a conventional dealer experience. Thumbs up!

I second that! Kudos to Tesla. I reserved in Frankfurt / Germany with about 40-50 other people. The store is quite small, but the Tesla store manager and team did a really great job. ...and I loved the cup cakes! Really great atmosphere and good mood - totally different than with a conventional dealer experience. Thumbs up!

@Newb -- that's yet another example of how the direct sales model is superior to the conventional dealership model. Just as the ICE has outlived its useful life as a method of propulsion, so have state franchise laws that prohibit direct sales.

I just want to throw out a big kudos to Tesla and Elon for such an amazing day yesterday. It had the potential to be a PITA nightmare if they had not been prepared for the large crowds at the stores, or the massive online audience for the reveal or for the large number of online orders. We've certainly seen the issues in the past where the servers were not up to snuff and such. Yesterday ran like clockwork, reserving couldn't have been easier or faster. And the program even started on time and went without a glitch!

I think this wider audience comes with high expectations and Tesla certainly made a great first impression on those new buyers yesterday!

At least here in St. Louis, Tesla embraced our Enthusiasts' organization as well. We provided shuttle rides to off-site parking (yes, it's that bad here), handled the press coverage (as employees aren't permitted to do so), showed Model X off, gave test rides in Model S, played music, and provided other logistics support. We were happy to provide that support to keep things running smoothly and kudos to Tesla for trusting us to provide that support.

Several of our members brought extra refreshments - the owner of a local bakery made 150 cupcakes for folks in addition to Tesla's coffee, water, and cookies.

We had local coverage from the Business Journal, Fox 2 & 11 news (starring our very own Liz G), and KMOX called me for a 10-minute interview in the afternoon (available on iTunes, haha, as part of the Mark Reardon show podcast library).

Last edited:
At least here in St. Louis, Tesla embraced our Enthusiasts' organization as well. We provided shuttle rides to off-site parking (yes, it's that bad here), handled the press coverage (as employees aren't permitted to do so), showed Model X off, gave test rides in Model S, played music, and provided other logistics support. We were happy to provide that support to keep things running smoothly and kudos to Tesla for trusting us to provide that support.

Several of our members brought extra refreshments - the owner of a local bakery made 150 cupcakes for folks in addition to Tesla's coffee, water, and cookies.

We had local coverage from the Business Journal, Fox 2 & 11 news (starring our very own Liz G), and KMOX called me for a 10-minute interview in the afternoon (available on iTunes, haha, as part of the Mark Reardon show podcast library).
Wow! Strong work...and yes, I've been to that service center several times, it's a terrible location in a lot of ways.