Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Inventory Price Trends after Product Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold off my 2013 Model S and am contemplating selling my AP 1.0 70D. My hypothesis is that Tesla will announce some significant upgrades to the Model S and Model X vehicles in order to make them more compelling once the Model 3 is revealed. I have been watching inventory vehicles and they are disappearing pretty quickly, but I haven't heard of aggressive discounting on the part of Tesla.

So my question is to any of you who were watching inventory vehicles closely in the past, what does Tesla do when a significant new feature is released. I know going from AP 1.0 to 2.0 there were significant discounts on inventory vehicles, but were the discounts uniform across the product portfolio? Were 75Ds discounted by a similar percentage as 90/100D's?

I'd like to sell my AP 1.0 70D now in the hope I could get a AP 2.0 75D or 90D at a $8k to $10K discount once Tesla announces a major revamp to the product in June/July. I'm going to spend two months in Portugal so I won't need a car until we come back in August and I was hoping I could snap a deal on an inventory vehicle then.

Any opinions on this strategy?