Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I was with a couple of friends last night and mentioned we'd ordered a tesla. Big mistake, because they put s**t on me all night (in a light hearted way) but unfortunately my wife googled it today and now she's paranoid. What is the current (pardon the pun) view on this? Thanks.
All part of the usual uniformed anti EV (envy based🤔) bol locks that is spewed up on a regular basis. There are enough online credible sources for you to check out yourself.

Disregard the above! In fact we are all living in terror with the expectation that our cars will spontaneously ignite at any moment and yet.....
...we keep driving them. Go figure.

My brother's first comment about my EV was "it'll burn your house down". Ironically the only car fire I personally know about was his - when oil leaking into his alternator caught fire.
I Almost burned 3 vehicles over the years.
One my Jeep truck forgot the fuel line after a carb rebuild duh, had an arcing plug wire , all it took... fire ball went up into the garage rafters had to push a lifted 4x4 truck with 32" tires while on fire outside. Burned all of the wiring in the engine compartment all the rubber lines as well.
Amazing what a motivator not burning down your garage/ house is.

The other two were both Holley Carburetors that Loved to leak. Came very close to burning a 1967 GTO to the ground.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Any incident near a Tesla logo will attract reporters regardless whether Tesla is at fault or not.
Tesla is hated by members of both parties.

Any incident near a Tesla logo will attract reporters regardless whether Tesla is at fault or not.
Tesla is hated by members of both parties.

To be fair, in Australia if someone was shot at a petrol station it would be reported that someone was shot at a petrol station. They would not report someone was shot at an undisclosed location.

To be fair, in Australia if someone was shot at a petrol station it would be reported that someone was shot at a petrol station. They would not report someone was shot at an undisclosed location.

To be fair, they wouldn't say a man in a TOYOTA CAMRY shot another man in a NISSAN NAVARA after an argument over who's turn was next to use the pump. And then keep mentioning TOYOTA, NISSAN, TOYOTA, NISSAN!

To be fair, they wouldn't say a man in a TOYOTA CAMRY shot another man in a NISSAN NAVARA after an argument over who's turn was next to use the pump. And then keep mentioning TOYOTA, NISSAN, TOYOTA, NISSAN!
The abc article states it is not known what type of vehicle the persons were driving. The other article states once that each were driving a tesla. This does not seem excessive.
The incident occured at a tesla charging station, which is a modern equivalent to a shell petrol station. Very certain the media would report an incident at a shell petrol station and mention the word shell plenty of times.