Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Detroit Derivative Action Settlement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cdub

OG 2011 Leaf / 2023 Model Y LR
Oct 7, 2014
Glendale, CA
I'm sure the rest of you got this notice...

"
Stay informed about a class action lawsuit involving TESLA, INC..

You’re receiving this notification because there is a class action lawsuit related to TESLA, INC.. If you held or transacted in this security between 2023-07-14 and 2023-07-14, your rights may be affected.

Please carefully review the materials offered at the link(s) below to understand your rights and options with regard to this litigation.

Please contact KCC CLASS ACTION SERVICES if you have any questions. Their information is available on the materials offered at the link(s) below.

Important materials:
Class Action Materials"

I presume it's just so that we're aware of it and that it may affect stock price?

I got it and have no idea why the Board was sued, but IIUC from this:
1695148110183.png

Detroit Fire & Police Retirement Fund disagreed with the Board's compensation and want the Directors to pay $735M back to Tesla, and (from top of p. 5) forego options from 2021 and 2022, and have the Compensation Committee amend the compensation plan.

Maybe I'm just particularly annoyable today, but, this seems egregiously stupid and wasteful.

IIRC, compensation plans were approved by all shareholders, so what the foxtrotting right do they have to quibble with it?

But according to Fred, Tesla Directors are agreeing to settle:

Reactions: cdub