Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla charged me for warranty service 2022 MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the fix for the seat rattle? Mine is driving me crazy and when I made an appointment to get it fixed, they wanted me to approve a $240 estimate before they would even look at it. I went back and forth in the app on messages and cancelled the appointment because If I approved the fee, then I would have zero recourse if they decided to fix it outside of a warranty claim. Z

I am curious what the "fix" is and then maybe I will pay $240 to have it looked at.
Sorry I missed it

I made an appointment with service center took it in explain rattle on model y then I said I was told it all covered under warranty

He asked a tech to drive confirm noise from seat and side pillar were the seat belt two places

What he did I have no clue but all the noises where gone

Unfortunately I did not like the harsh ride MYP sold it two days ago picked uo model S refresh
So smooth unbelievable nice

Here we go again seat rattle lol but I posted in a forum model s forum and i fixed the rattle myself it is gone goto s forum look for my post

Pictures attach what I did zero rattle noise from seat

I’m in the same boat. I requested a SC visit for noise and rattle. Here’s the quote of $637 I had to approve. Surely I won’t be approving it until I have spoken to the SC manager. Sure, the chat agent promises not to charge if it’s not impact related.

At this point I have no problem lemon the car if they refuse to fix it under warranty, as it has been in shop for more than 40 days in the first 10 month.

I believe the car, if built properly, can be one of the best design for user experience. Unfortunately, the CEO’s promise on improving service has been a joke.

Attachments

• IMG_7391.jpeg
    IMG_7391.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7390.jpeg
    IMG_7390.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7389.jpeg
    IMG_7389.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
It is amazing that a design flaw like described here are not covered. This is not wear and tear! my '23 RWD has tail light condensation problem, went to the service center only to be told it's "normal"...

My car has also clicking/creaking noises coming from the passenger side. I have no love for Tesla.

Reactions: saj070
They aren't covered for Tesla and they shouldn't be covered under any manufacturer, noise is subjective and unless it's a sound of a failing/failed part there is no reason to waste time and for free to look at it
I would respectfully disagree. If the car is relatively new, and under the bumber-to-bumper warranty, rattles better well be done. I've claimed that on numerous new cars (not just high end). A rattle means something is not assembled correctly. This isn't a 20 year beater, it's supposed to be a world class semi-luxury vehicle.

I would respectfully disagree. If the car is relatively new, and under the bumber-to-bumper warranty, rattles better well be done. I've claimed that on numerous new cars (not just high end). A rattle means something is not assembled correctly. This isn't a 20 year beater, it's supposed to be a world class semi-luxury vehicle.
It’s amazing how much people spend on cars and give excuses for the manufacturer. I see this on other fanboy forums as well. To me, it’s a driving appliance. I don’t love any car brand, just appreciate some when they work as advertised for my use. Rattles and squeaks is absolutely a flaw that needs to be fixed under warranty that wasn’t caused by owner.

Reactions: _panda and saj070
Vehicles are not perfect. Some are solid, others have squeeks and rattles.

Seems like Tesla is like most other manufacturers and will repair some of them under warranty and others are customer pay.

Had a Lexus SC 430. Had a noise coming from rear suspension. It was a known issue and they replaced the part with an updated part under warranty. Had a wind noise when window was up and buffeting when down. They refused warranty on those items.

Vehicles are not perfect. Some are solid, others have squeeks and rattles.

Seems like Tesla is like most other manufacturers and will repair some of them under warranty and others are customer pay.

Had a Lexus SC 430. Had a noise coming from rear suspension. It was a known issue and they replaced the part with an updated part under warranty. Had a wind noise when window was up and buffeting when down. They refused warranty on those items.
Wind noise is one thing but I can absolutely guarantee if your Lexus back seats were rattling, they would fix it for free under warranty and same with BMW. Heck, BMW has fixed a squeaky dashboard at no charge after warranty when I mentioned it when going in for oil service. I’m a pretty decent DIYer, so I’m not super worried about getting a Tesla with a couple squeaks and rattles but would definitely press them to fix it at no charge before doing it myself.

Reactions: saj070