Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla called - said they have a car available - but does not have ultrasonic sensors - what does it mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Transport fee? I was only told declining at the delivery will only affect the 250deposit
I went into the Tesla center to test drive again a MYP with my wife before finally placing an order. The had a MS in the showroom and my wife sat in it and immediately liked the seats much more. So, our SA took us out to an owners new MX that just arrived and let us sit in it and she said “I prefer this”. Went back into the store and they found one with she liked(blue, 20” wheels, cream interior $103k) that was on sitting on a transport truck, so for $500 they were able to redirect the vehicle to Knoxville.

So, should just I cancel it and wait for the HW.4 as $750 sucks to lose but it’s not going to be end of the world either. This is our first Ev and the two things that bug me is the missing front bumper camera, Birds Eye view and rear cross traffics warning. Ok, three things. Lol

See this link:
The summary is that this X appears to have the HW4 computer and radar (per what the service folks can see on their systems - read comments from OP in that thread). It also appears to have updated cameras, but no additional cameras. This is consistent with what we've seen from other folks who have seen these cars in lots. In general, the whole "additional cameras" thing looks like it will first appear on Cybertruck and then MAY show up on other cars later on.

See this link:
The summary is that this X appears to have the HW4 computer and radar (per what the service folks can see on their systems - read comments from OP in that thread). It also appears to have updated cameras, but no additional cameras. This is consistent with what we've seen from other folks who have seen these cars in lots. In general, the whole "additional cameras" thing looks like it will first appear on Cybertruck and then MAY show up on other cars later on.
Radar? I think TESLA said no USS at the current deliveries.

It is the new "HD Radar"...probably installed behind the rear bumper like the "old" radar they stopped using a few years ago. It appears to be referred to as "phoenix" in some places. Maybe from these guys:
Phoenix Imaging Radar - Arbe

Some have speculated the new radar could assist with parking (front only) in the absence of USS, but that is just speculation.
Front, but yes.

See this link:
The summary is that this X appears to have the HW4 computer and radar (per what the service folks can see on their systems - read comments from OP in that thread). It also appears to have updated cameras, but no additional cameras. This is consistent with what we've seen from other folks who have seen these cars in lots. In general, the whole "additional cameras" thing looks like it will first appear on Cybertruck and then MAY show up on other cars later on
A bird in the hand…. better figure on the likelyhood of a huge delay in getting a newer build, and the factor of it only being the latest thing until the next new thing…
I just canceled our delivery pickup this week as my and I didn’t like the Yoke and re-ordered another MX with round wheel. Should be here by May.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw

Order Update​

Tesla Vision​

Your Model X will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Park Assist, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability features (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw

Order Update​

Tesla Vision​

Your Model X will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Park Assist, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving capability features (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates.
Temporarily for Tesla == Years to Never

Reactions: aataskin