Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I checked my VIN on Molace tracker. Shows its currently on board Swallow Ace and on route to Fremantle for the 27th/28th.
It was dropped off by Marguerite Ace a while back, then got picked up today (no confirmation messages/texts). But I have a MY RWD on it. Buzzing! Literally waiting for the arrival text then will be making full payment and grabbing the first possible delivery date haha!
Has anyone heard anything about Swallow Ace having MY onboard for Perth?

Yeah I checked my VIN on Molace tracker. Shows its currently on board Swallow Ace and on route to Fremantle for the 27th/28th.
It was dropped off by Marguerite Ace a while back, then got picked up today (no confirmation messages/texts). But I have a MY RWD on it. Buzzing! Literally waiting for the arrival text then will be making full payment and grabbing the first possible delivery date haha!
Thanks.
Spoke to Tesla today. They told me to expect third week of Nov.

how long does it take to get a VIN ?
Some people get one immediately (if there was matching inventory when they ordered) and others have waited several months.

Unfortunately the Tesla provided EDDs can't be trusted at all.

There are two shiploads with WA Model Ys on their way now. The first (Swallow Ace) only has 37 MYLRs and the second (Swift Ace) doesn't have any MYLRs from what I can see, so you'll have to wait for the next ship after that.

But it's still early in the quarter. Plenty of time for another ship load in late Nov and another one or two in Dec.

404 model Ys unloaded at Fremantle

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: cafz
Some people get one immediately (if there was matching inventory when they ordered) and others have waited several months.

Unfortunately the Tesla provided EDDs can't be trusted at all.

There are two shiploads with WA Model Ys on their way now. The first (Swallow Ace) only has 37 MYLRs and the second (Swift Ace) doesn't have any MYLRs from what I can see, so you'll have to wait for the next ship after that.

But it's still early in the quarter. Plenty of time for another ship load in late Nov and another one or two in Dec.
How can you find out what the next scheduled ship to Perth is after the Swift Ace?

So i got a delivery date 14 Nov just now (ordered early Oct), is it usual for them to only give you a 7 days notice? This is a bit rush as I need my NL company to finalise the payment. what happens if the payment hasn't been finalised?

For those interested, it is 2023 model VIN.

When did you receive a VIN? I also ordered early Oct and still crickets.... (LR+ 20" rims)
basically until yesterday my EDD was Oct - Dec, then just today everything escalated with confirmed delivery date plus VIN. I think, there was a spare one that matched my specs (RWD) and got assigned to it. Based on the other timeline threads, if there are no spares to match your specs, you would get a VIN when the car is made at the factory and you are at the top of the queue.

Been in mine 6 days so far. Picked it up last tuesday. Thursday we went to Margaret River for the weekend. Could make it to busselton with a full car and still have 20%. Very surprised, but equally happy with the car range and drive quality. Took a little getting used to autopilot, learning the lines it takes and what it does in certain situations is helpful. But it made a 3 hour journey feel like nothing which impressed me!

Trying to figure out the most likely arrival of the new M3 into Fremantle. Looking at schedules, there are a couple of upcoming ships which hopefully may be a chance...

Pleaides Spirit leaves Shanghai Dec 19th, goes to Xinsha / Guangzhou on 22nd and is showing on the Dazmac schedule as being in Fremantle around 8th Jan. If there are any on there, could be a nice VIN Xmas present.

Following that, Gracious Ace looks like it leaves Shanghai on 6th Jan, via Xinsha / Guangzhou on 9th Jan, then Singapore on 13th before getting to Fremantle on 23rd Jan, hopefully without offloading Tesla's in Singapore on the way here.

Can anybody see any more likely candidates? This amateur ship tracking is alright but i'd much prefer to have the car!!

Reactions: dronus and avfc1982
Trying to figure out the most likely arrival of the new M3 into Fremantle. Looking at schedules, there are a couple of upcoming ships which hopefully may be a chance...

Pleaides Spirit leaves Shanghai Dec 19th, goes to Xinsha / Guangzhou on 22nd and is showing on the Dazmac schedule as being in Fremantle around 8th Jan. If there are any on there, could be a nice VIN Xmas present.

Following that, Gracious Ace looks like it leaves Shanghai on 6th Jan, via Xinsha / Guangzhou on 9th Jan, then Singapore on 13th before getting to Fremantle on 23rd Jan, hopefully without offloading Tesla's in Singapore on the way here.

Can anybody see any more likely candidates? This amateur ship tracking is alright but i'd much prefer to have the car!!
Keeping an eye on this, ordered mine on 2nd November. Curious as to whether it'll make it onboard any of these.

Reactions: dronus and kevh