Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price movements are reflective of demand and supply more than any other factor. I would say the price drops that occurred a month ago did not have the desired affect on all models and so they have dropped further to better match demand to supply. This would also explain why Model Y LR and P have not seen same drops. Supply for those models is more limited and is probably well matched to demand at present.

Reactions: ve6L
Price movements are reflective of demand and supply more than any other factor. I would say the price drops that occurred a month ago did not have the desired affect on all models and so they have dropped further to better match demand to supply. This would also explain why Model Y LR and P have not seen same drops. Supply for those models is more limited and is probably well matched to demand at present.
I echo this.
I think it's two fold:

1. The market is tightening, the sales are down and they need to move.
2. They, for whatever reason have heaps of RWD models in inventory. Look at the last WA shipment, it was RWD only. Did people jump too hard on the LR price drops and push the dial too far? The natural ~$15k price difference has been reinstated.

I mean, for those of you with delayed vehicles off Morning Crystal are probably pretty happy now, you were all supposed to have the car in hand by now.

Tracking update (of sorts)

I’m a bit confused by the MolAce schedule. It’s been updated at some point since yesterday.

D VESSEL L is still showing as coming to Fremantle and Adelaide. That unknown MolAce vehicle is Beluga Ace (AKA the sub for Leo Spirit).

However… I can’t work the next step out.
I’ve presumed so far Leo Spirit will go from Guangzhou to Singapore.
However.. the schedule has the mystery ship going back to Shanghai Terminal back to Guangzhou before coming here - no talk of Singapore at all.

Where am I pulling Singapore from? Fremantle Ports. Last port for Beluga.
Something doesn’t add up.

Beluga Ace was due in Singapore 6 minutes ago. It was just off the coast when I checked the tracker two hours ago.

Leo Spirit not due in Guangzhou until tomorrow at some point.

Paganella and Morning Crystal both on their way to the east coast, but I don’t think they’ll be ours so I’ll cease updates on them for now.

• Love
Reactions: TheRug80 and V3nom
Overstocked and more competitors in the market, think base Model 3 will be sub $50k in a year?
Yeah I do. (Sorry I missed this earlier).

I saw people in the main thread complaining about the depreciation.
Sorry, but if you’re buying a Tesla because resale is your chief consideration EVs are a horrible investment. We’re only in the Bronze Age of their technological level. By 2030 they’ll probably twice as good for half the price.
FWIW I do think as 2030 approaches the same will happen to traditional combustion vehicles as they become less desirable - TLDR - don’t big cars for resale for the next five years.

We’re buying now as early adopters as enthusiasts, tech fans or people who want to go green. Or a mix of all three.

Sorry, but if you’re buying a Tesla because resale is your chief consideration EVs are a horrible investment. We’re only in the Bronze Age of their technological level. By 2030 they’ll probably twice as good for half the price.
FWIW I do think as 2030 approaches the same will happen to traditional combustion vehicles as they become less desirable - TLDR - don’t big cars for resale for the next five years.

We’re buying now as early adopters as enthusiasts, tech fans or people who want to go green. Or a mix of all three.
If you’re putting the car on a novated lease (and frankly you’re insane if you can but don’t) then with the exclusion of FBT and GST you’re only paying for a bit over or under 1/2 the car and all it’s running costs anyway. I honestly don’t care about higher depreciation.

Walrus ace is currently on its way from melb, scheduled to land on the 19th - I’d guess your car is on that ship.
Great catch, using this site Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application and a few others I cross checked the VIN and it said it had landed in Melb back in February.

Ah, I did see yours in the list and was hoping you’d pop up somewhere.

I strongly suspect that it’s just a backlog of delivery window availability. I’d expect it to all of a sudden appear quicker and it won’t actually take that long. Worth a call to Tesla to try and force the point a bit though
Thank you mate, I see you have added 'Morning Crystal' as the vessel, but as noted above by a previous post, I believe based on some VIN searches that the car has already landed in Australia, I can't remeber which site told me that but as you can imagine dozens of tabs.

I have been messaging the chat (about the price cuts excitement) , but maybe its worth a call, I am on parental leave at the moment so it would be nice to pick up before I have to go back to work.

If you’re putting the car on a novated lease (and frankly you’re insane if you can but don’t) then with the exclusion of FBT and GST you’re only paying for a bit over or under 1/2 the car and all it’s running costs anyway. I honestly don’t care about higher depreciation.
That's my plan too and if the balloon is way higher than the market resell value end-of-lease (pretty sure it will be), I would return it and lease a new one.

yea just like any other new tech out there, remember people used to pay $10,000 - $15,000 for a 40-inch 4K TV

Tracking update (of sorts)

I’m a bit confused by the MolAce schedule. It’s been updated at some point since yesterday.

D VESSEL L is still showing as coming to Fremantle and Adelaide. That unknown MolAce vehicle is Beluga Ace (AKA the sub for Leo Spirit).

However… I can’t work the next step out.
I’ve presumed so far Leo Spirit will go from Guangzhou to Singapore.
However.. the schedule has the mystery ship going back to Shanghai Terminal back to Guangzhou before coming here - no talk of Singapore at all.

Where am I pulling Singapore from? Fremantle Ports. Last port for Beluga.
Something doesn’t add up.

Beluga Ace was due in Singapore 6 minutes ago. It was just off the coast when I checked the tracker two hours ago.

Leo Spirit not due in Guangzhou until tomorrow at some point.

Paganella and Morning Crystal both on their way to the east coast, but I don’t think they’ll be ours so I’ll cease updates on them for now.
It looks like BELUGA ACE is now off to Thailand. Do you still think it's our Sub ship for Leo?

Reactions: AkaJoonbuggy
Great catch, using this site Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application and a few others I cross checked the VIN and it said it had landed in Melb back in February.

Thank you mate, I see you have added 'Morning Crystal' as the vessel, but as noted above by a previous post, I believe based on some VIN searches that the car has already landed in Australia, I can't remeber which site told me that but as you can imagine dozens of tabs.

I have been messaging the chat (about the price cuts excitement) , but maybe its worth a call, I am on parental leave at the moment so it would be nice to pick up before I have to go back to work.
Morning Crystal has just been and gone from here two or so weeks ago. It just started a fresh run right now from Shanghai.
If your car was showing as being in Melbourne, it still has to get here. Not entirely sure how that process works.

You’ve created a good point though inadvertently - I should be dating vessels in the sheet to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
It looks like BELUGA ACE is now off to Thailand. Do you still think it's our Sub ship for Leo?
It almost has to be. No other vessel is showing for Freo.

It wasn’t due until the 3/4th according to the Freo port schedule, it takes two days there and two days back to Singapore.

I’m gonna expect the timeline to blowout though, unless the vehicles are already in Singapore for loading.

Watching Leo Spirit’s movements intently to see where it fits after tomorrow.

Morning Crystal has just been and gone from here two or so weeks ago. It just started a fresh run right now from Shanghai.
If your car was showing as being in Melbourne, it still has to get here. Not entirely sure how that process works.

You’ve created a good point though inadvertently - I should be dating vessels in the sheet to avoid confusion.

Could also link the vessel name via the cell to the tracker.

I spoke to a rep on the phone this morning, mainly to ask what does inventory car really mean, is it already in Australia or not.

He said the car left Melbourne, and is due in Perth soon, Walrus Ace boat seems to be the best fit, for the dates, so it may alraedy be here, but needs to clear customs.

He did say, if you have paid upfront already, you will be prioritised for delivery, so if anyone really wants to get in quick.