Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesfridge Model Y Install Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For backers of this on Kickstarter, you may have just received this. Ok so the instruction manual for the Tesfridge is a little lacking so I thought I’d make it clearer for everyone. Also thanks to Kerry from ACO Power for filling in some instructional gaps too.

1. You need to be on max mode (as far as I can tell) to change temps. The ECO mode does not allow it. It keeps it at a fridge level cool, which is fine for that purpose if that’s what you want.
  2. I couldn’t tell you what the voltage level means to be honest but maybe it gets you to the temp faster?
  3. The app has just been uploaded, it’s not the one listed in the manual. I’ve listed the links below. Using the app makes everything infinitely easier and faster than pressing the buttons on the unit

Overall, seems to do the business and was super easy to install in the car. Out some groceries in there yesterday and kept everything nice and chill, would recommend!

iOS

‎Tesla Fridge

Android

Tesla Fridge - Apps on Google Play

• Helpful
Reactions: BitJam and steve3
For backers of this on Kickstarter, you may have just received this. Ok so the instruction manual for the Tesfridge is a little lacking so I thought I’d make it clearer for everyone. Also thanks to Kerry from ACO Power for filling in some instructional gaps too.

1. You need to be on max mode (as far as I can tell) to change temps. The ECO mode does not allow it. It keeps it at a fridge level cool, which is fine for that purpose if that’s what you want.
  2. I couldn’t tell you what the voltage level means to be honest but maybe it gets you to the temp faster?
  3. The app has just been uploaded, it’s not the one listed in the manual. I’ve listed the links below. Using the app makes everything infinitely easier and faster than pressing the buttons on the unit

Overall, seems to do the business and was super easy to install in the car. Out some groceries in there yesterday and kept everything nice and chill, would recommend!

iOS

‎Tesla Fridge

Android

Tesla Fridge - Apps on Google Play
Really appreciate your post.

Yep, setup in the app was a breeze (after struggling without it), and you’re right, it would only change temp after ECO mode was changed to Max.

I was wondering how to know when Y feeds/cuts power to the 12v outlet, impacting fridge operation. Found this helpful tip in the Y Owner’s Manual…so fridge should stay on when car is awake, (like if Sentry Mode is activated).
IMG_7802.jpeg

Last edited:
We have a cheapo Amazon version. And we do travel quite a bit, usually multi-day trips. This model looks interesting because it looks quite a bit larger than mine.

One issue I found using these fridges is that sometimes my car battery charge is not sufficiently high enough to leave them in one of the modes to keep the fridge going. Similarly, when I want to leave the car parked for hours without wasting power, but still want to keep the fridge going.

I happen to own a Jackery 1500 battery, which I always carry in the car, and the fridge draws power from this battery instead of the car's 12v socket. I charge Jackery from the car's 12v when I know I can do it.

This works, but I wish if Tesla had a mode that lets us tap into the battery directly while in sleeping mode (I guess with some kind of safety low limit), so that there is a way to keep the fridge going permanently.

This works, but I wish if Tesla had a mode that lets us tap into the battery directly while in sleeping mode (I guess with some kind of safety low limit), so that there is a way to keep the fridge going permanently.
Sentry mode should meet your request for keeping car’s 12v power outlet on, according to the Owner’s Manual. As far as low limit goes, Sentry kicks off when battery dips below 20%…just not sure if that applies to 12v battery.

Sentry mode should meet your request for keeping car’s 12v power outlet on, according to the Owner’s Manual. As far as low limit goes, Sentry kicks off when battery dips below 20%…just not sure if that applies to 12v battery.
I have no idea how much power Sentry consumes, but based on feedback that Sentry also uses up charge fast when parked at airport parking lots for days, my guess was that it still consumes quite a bit.

My wife also told me that recent update pushed out few months ago started allowing people to enable climate when battery is under 20%, when you use the app. It is still disabled on the screen. So I suppose that's one way to keep the fridge alive when you have less than 20%.

Really appreciate your post.

Yep, setup in the app was a breeze (after struggling without it), and you’re right, it would only change temp after ECO mode was changed to Max.

I was wondering how to know when Y feeds/cuts power to the 12v outlet, impacting fridge operation. Found this helpful tip in the Y Owner’s Manual…so fridge should stay on when car is awake, (like if Sentry Mode is activated).View attachment 975405
Oh yeah good pickup on the sentry mode thing, I didn’t even think about that! Thanks.

Just what does this setting in the app actually do, as my fridge keeps on getting colder than the target temp, with this setting on?

“Alarm switch when target temp reached”

Maybe Max mode overrides it, as it did for me, with target 39 and display temp at 28 on Max mode in one test starting from room temp.

Later, also from room temp, changed to ECO mode all else the same, and ran for 15 min…at which point display temp was 37 (my thermometer in fridge read 44 - calibration needed?)

Hey everyone, I got mine too and have been testing it. Does yours get physically hot on the top? I have the spacers in there, but was surprised the top was hot to the touch.

And did anyone figure out the battery voltage range? Listed as “ABS battery voltage protection setting” and “…determine the battery voltage range (H/M/L range).” Seems important, and yet I cant tell what’s the safer setting.

Hey everyone, I got mine too and have been testing it. Does yours get physically hot on the top? I have the spacers in there, but was surprised the top was hot to the touch.

And did anyone figure out the battery voltage range? Listed as “ABS battery voltage protection setting” and “…determine the battery voltage range (H/M/L range).” Seems important, and yet I cant tell what’s the safer setting.
Mine hasn’t gotten warm or hot on top… not sure what’s going on to make yours hot.

I emailed ACOpower asking which voltage setting to use…L, M, or H.

Their response: “You can set it to M or H.”
Unfortunately, no explanation of what the setting does or why to choose one setting over another.

Mine hasn’t gotten warm or hot on top… not sure what’s going on to make yours hot.

I emailed ACOpower asking which voltage setting to use…L, M, or H.

Their response: “You can set it to M or H.”
Unfortunately, no explanation of what the setting does or why to choose one setting over another.
Oddly just got a decent email back. Their answer, with an attached chart:

Hi Brady,
When the car battery voltage reaches the minimum value you set, the refrigerator will automatically shut down to protect the battery
For example: if the refrigerator is set to L, then the refrigerator will automatically shut down when the battery voltage reaches 10.1V. When the battery voltage is greater than 11.4V, the refrigerator can start normally”

I asked about the heat and will do some other tests just plugging it into a jackery in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.png
    IMG_0349.png
    410.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Informative
Reactions: steve3