Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Targeted Harassment - neighbor going out of way to set my alarm off daily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a “you” problem.
Not sure this tracks ...

People like this entitled piece of *sugar* only learn the hard way, no personal responsibility, no respect for others or their property. Do the unexpected, take it to the extreme, stand your ground, make it his parents' problem if he's under 18, make it his problem if he's over. It's insanely rude behavior and should not be tolerated.

Also, post his name, address, and a video here so the internet can shame him when he goes looking for that first job.

You could also start a website, i.e., http://johndoeisajackass.com and post video, pics, name, address, etc., make him famous forever. Employers love that ... oh wait they don't ;)

Edit: What I'm suggesting here may be illegal in California, guess you just have to take it since the police won't help.

Last edited:
Not sure this tracks ...

People like this entitled piece of *sugar* only learn the hard way, no personal responsibility, no respect for others or their property. Do the unexpected, take it to the extreme, stand your ground, make it his parents' problem if he's under 18, make it his problem if he's over. It's insanely rude behavior and should not be tolerated.
Agree. Assuming the kid is under age, a more serious conversation with the dad is in order

Reactions: zoomer0056
Set the code to drive in case someone does break in.

Also, if you do plan to turn off the alarm for some reason. Put up a ring or other camera at your house pointing to the car that records it so that if the car doesn't record while sensors are off you have the other camera recording and if they break-in you have the video.

Sorry, not much I can provide. It is a shitty situation when your neighbors are not friendly, like we don't already have enough ppl that are going around specially teenagers going around stealing cars for fun. They don't realize it could ruin their academic careers. Social media & news influence...

Also, post his name, address, and a video here so the internet can shame him when he goes looking for that first job.

You could also start a website, i.e., http://johndoeisajackass.com and post video, pics, name, address, etc., make him famous forever. Employers love that ... oh wait they don't ;)
What you're suggesting is a crime in the OPs state and generally frowned upon in other states, should this ever end up in court.
Penal Code 653.2

• Informative
Reactions: lowtek
That's what you took from that?

Not that your method of stalking/harassment wouldn't escalate the situation?
interesting.
Oh, you read that right and correct in your analysis. Police won't help the guy and he's not allowed to defend himself or his property.

This is the same situation as getting being mugged and then subsequently finding yourself in trouble for defending yourself. Or a store owner getting "canceled" for defending his business against looters.

What's he supposed to do? Wait for the kid to key his car because he went to his parents subsequently costing him thousands in repairs or insurance claims, no car for months, just to be keyed again when he gets it back?

Last edited:
Hard to do but given your constraints (won't move, I know it's hard in San Diego) I'd ignore it if he's not actually damaging your car - and turn the alarm off. First I'd park a little farther away if possible but depending on where you live there that can be tough. But if ignored after a while he'll lose interest. Patience is probably the best way in your situation unless he escalates things.

Reactions: zoomer0056

Edit: What I'm suggesting here may be illegal in California, guess you just have to take it since the police won't help.
I would delete anything like that I found in this thread. Its just another forum of harrassment, so isnt appropriate regardless of the circumstances.

Im also shutting down (forcefully) any other discussion along those lines, or any "state vs state" discussion.

I would delete anything like that I found in this thread. Its just another forum of harrassment, so isnt appropriate regardless of the circumstances.
Curious, what's the appropriate response since the police can't help and parents won't do anything about it? I guess just wait until the kid gets brave and runs a key down the side of his car to the metal across all panels costing $10,000 to repair and then go after them?

Reactions: mlkmade
Curious, what's the appropriate response since the police can't help and parents won't do anything about it? I guess just wait until the kid gets brave and runs a key down the side of his car to the metal across all panels costing $10,000 to repair and then go after them?
10,000$?! with a key?! What is the body shop labor rate where you live?

Escalating the situation further with this kid / his family will likely end horribly for everyone involved.

Reactions: Dennisis
Status
Not open for further replies.