Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Targeted Harassment - neighbor going out of way to set my alarm off daily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10,000$?! with a key?! What is the body shop labor rate where you live?

Escalating the situation further with this kid / his family will likely end horribly for everyone involved.
If someone was to scratch all the panels down to the metal yea it will cost $10,000 to repair and repaint half the car.

Okay, so here goes yet another emboldened, entitled kid with no personal responsibility into the workforce where once reality hits him he can be miserable and resentful because he never learned better ... parenting fail ... community fail ... America fail.

Sorry to ruffle so many feathers ... if I did that and somebody told my father I would have been grounded for a month and got my ass whipped by a belt ... probably why I would never do anything like that and I get bowed up when somebody doesn't discipline their children. Love you guys nonetheless.

If someone was to scratch all the panels down to the metal yea it will cost $10,000 to repair and repaint half the car.

Okay, so here goes yet another emboldened, entitled kid with no personal responsibility into the workforce where once reality hits him he can be miserable and resentful because he never learned better ... parenting fail ... community fail ... America fail.

Sorry to ruffle so many feathers ... if I did that and somebody told my father I would have been grounded for a month and got my ass whipped by a belt ... probably why I would never do anything like that and I get bowed up when somebody doesn't discipline their children. Love you guys nonetheless.
no. it would not cost 10k to repaint an entire Tesla at a Tesla approved body shop, let alone this 'half the car' you speak of.

you didn't ruffle feathers so much as suggest a crime to be committed to stop an irritation.

no. it would not cost 10k to repaint an entire Tesla at a Tesla approved body shop, let alone this 'half the car' you speak of.

you didn't ruffle feathers so much as suggest a crime to be committed to stop an irritation.
From experience, it cost $6700 to repair and repaint 2 doors and 1 panel from road debris in 2018.

I didn't realize that posting facts was a crime in California, my bad. I mean, everybody's name and address is publicly accessible. Tying a name and address to a sentry video seems more like documentation than harassment. But hey, ya'll do your thing, doesn't seem fair to me that the OP has to put up with it.

Leave a bag with a shiny object and the window opened. Put a tracking device hidden in somewhere it can’t be detected and removed. Set him up like bait car and have the police at his door. Then press charges and ruin the kids life and buy the dad gift cards to BevMo so he becomes an alcoholic. Then get applications to a strip club and put a photo of mom and sister. Then call nursing home of elderly abuse to get their grand parents.

Last edited:
From experience, it cost $6700 to repair and repaint 2 doors and 1 panel from road debris in 2018.
It seems you want so desperately to be right that you're taking road debris damage and conflating it to scratches from a human holding a key.

You got hosed, 2 new doors and painting @ (a mind boggling exaggeration) $1000/panel wouldn't get near the amount you've expressed.

• Disagree
Reactions: mlkmade and lowtek

Cost is an issue, but not the primary issue. Allowing the harassment to continue unchecked is the issue

Hey there you can submit for a restraining order as this is Harassment bring all your clips with you and most judges will grant it.
TRO/RO will likely require documentation from the local PD as well as the clips of said harassment.

I for one would not want to live in a place that didn't require some sort of documentation before you ruin someone's life with said TRO/RO.

This is a very frustrating post to write but I'm at my wits end.

I have to park on the street and sometimes I park near a house with a teenager and he goes out of his way on a daily basis to touch my car until the alarm goes off.
I have dozens and dozens of clips over the last year of this kid doing it. I finally confronted the father and he basically laughed in my face asked for footage. When I showed him the footage he then started making every excuse in the world why it's MY FAULT his son is HARASSING me car. This last time his son put his hands to my windows and was looking inside the backseat and trunk as if he was looking to steal something.

This is not funny.

My first Tesla burned to the ground from a random arsonist setting my car on fire in the same area, you may remember me posting about it here, so I'm hyper sensitive to this.
I just spot with the police, non-emergency, and they said there is nothing that can be done after the fact, only while he's doing it. Apparently dozens of clips of him doing isn't enough.

Any help/ideas/insight as to what I can legally do would be greatly appreciated. The father is a bigger POS than the son and Im afraid the next time I see either of them I won't be able to restrain my words.
Cops won't do anything. If you can file reports for every incident, have the police write it up and save all the footage.
If damage occurs, you have a history of the kid doing this and insurance and/or court will be relatively easy.

Other than that, depends on how you feel about going to war with a neighbor. I would suggest saving your mental energy for better things and don't waste it on gutter trash.

What if OP stops reacting to the behavior and the kid loses interest in messing with his car? Sounds like that might be possible. The OP is getting triggered by it and the kid knows this. He is setting the OP off and then getting enjoyment out of watching OP get upset.

Stop reacting to this fool. If he escalates it to damage he will have to pay or his parents will. They will get tired of that really quick. Momentary penalties are something everyone understands and likes to avoid.

This is a very frustrating post to write but I'm at my wits end.

[snip]

I have dozens and dozens of clips over the last year of this kid doing it.

[snip]

Any help/ideas/insight as to what I can legally do would be greatly appreciated.

This is a tough one. You've already caught him red handed with all the videos. Keep recording. Each time it happens show the police each new video. Either the kid looses interest or the police will talk to the parents just to keep you from coming into the station all the time. I hope it's resolved before damage is done. Good luck. Keep us informed.

Last edited:
Not True. I have a restraining order in CA just need to print out papers and have them served along with submitting the court cost for the restraining order.
Interesting. I assumed that a police report and a trail of evidence would be required by the court before issuing a restraining order. What the heck did you do to deserve a restraining order so fast! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.