Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging throttles quick. Help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if they ONLY open while supercharging? If so, i can check today. I have never seen those open on my car to be quote honest. I want to check today.
They used to cycle open/closed when you would first wake your car up. I don't know if they still do it. You'd probably need a camera or someone's help to see if they still work that way.

I booked a service call again and got the following text from service

“I have reviewed your vehicle remotely and I'm happy to report there is no problem with your battery or on broad charging system. The peak charging rate of the Battery may decrease slightly after a large number of DC Fast Charging sessions, such as those at Superchargers. To ensure maximum driving range and Battery safety, the Battery charge rate is decreased when the Battery is too cold, when the Battery's charge is nearly full, and when the Battery conditions change with usage and age. These changes in the condition of the Battery are driven by battery physics and may increase the total Supercharging duration by a few minutes over time.”

I responded with So at any stall and at any Supercharger station, 4 and counting every time, doesn't go above 78Kwh, and no longer kicks on the fan making the loud noise after an update is due to to much DC Fast Charging?

Service Center Response
“Yes, the fan kicking on is controlled by battery temperature, and I do not see any faults for the thermal system of your vehicle. The battery controls how much energy it takes in via the supercharger. The fact that the vehicle is acting the same at every station tells me it is the vehicle limiting the rate of charging as stated before.”

First service is it I scheduled they took it in and looked at it, this time text response which seems copy paste.

So guessing they are getting lots of these and it’s truly a coin