Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging: Chill Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I'd really like to know what the differences in the cell specs are. The old 60 kWh had no trouble going as high as 111 kW while the old 70 could go up to 120 kW.

The 90s appears to not achieve he same maximum rate however they sustain the taper for longer.

The 60 data is a bit more complicated since it is really a 75 kWh pack. So everything needs to be shifted back 25% for comparison. And I'm assuming it runs at 400 V unlike the original 60 which was 350 V.

Just for informational:
The 90D Rate
I guess I have hit 115 on my 90D, but have not seen that in a VERY long time. Upon further review, seems I was able to hit 115kW on the older firmware, however, the taper happened much much quicker.
ORIGINAL 60's and 85's

Last edited:
Using percent to compare charge speed is misleading! The new 60 is a 75 with the top cut off. Looking at percent, you would get the impression the 60 charges faster. Of course it does not! It charges just as fast as the 75 it just sets the 100% point lower hence it reaches it faster. What really matters is how many miles (or how much energy) is added over time. If you look at that data, the 60 and 75 charge exactly the same speed.

Here I thought this thread was about 'chillin' while supercharging.:)

upload_2016-11-23_15-46-51.png

• Funny
Reactions: Lu Ann
Using percent to compare charge speed is misleading! The new 60 is a 75 with the top cut off. Looking at percent, you would get the impression the 60 charges faster. Of course it does not! It charges just as fast as the 75 it just sets the 100% point lower hence it reaches it faster. What really matters is how many miles (or how much energy) is added over time. If you look at that data, the 60 and 75 charge exactly the same speed.
I would have preferred to show energy input (and power levels) while also displaying rated range, however, Tesla had changed the Supercharging screens, so show %%%. And original intent of the videos was to show the approximate time to 80% SOC, or how long to fill each battery at each different charging method. I did the mashup, because, well, I could, and why not.

Reactions: David99