Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of records, I've been thinking about record Supercharging runs the past few days. I think a person could get 50 to 60 Superchargers in a single day (24 hours) from DC to Hartford, CT. I was considering trying to best @IT Geek's 32 new Superchargers in a single day, but I've made it difficult for myself by already collecting several Superchargers on the I-95 corridor. I drew a path to about 36 of them, but I'm not really inclined to punish myself like that, as it would involve 18+ hours of driving around the northeastern corridor's major metropolitan areas. I could do a 50+ Supercharger challenge, but that would involve at least 20 repeats, which I'm also not really inclined to do.
You know, there's actually nothing stopping you or anyone else for that matter from doing the challenge and listing the repeats, even though they won't count in this game, just for the sake of the challenge.
I'm sure @theflyer and @tes-s are seeing this and saying "Sure, we can build that into Tableau as well!" :eek:

Being the compulsive person that I am, I've gone back through the Most Superchargers Visited thread and summarized your Supercharger visited posts for SpC's from #1 to #257 in this Google doc. It does look like those dates could be more accurate, so I'll update them this afternoon:

Bighorn, Aug 3, 2014 -
Thanks! Were I home, I’d probably get on it. I wish my first entry had more details about my early charging. I think I may have extracted some data from random phone pics that might have defined an earlier “start” date. Can’t recall and can’t open the spreadsheet to know how they’re recorded.

Thanks! Were I home, I’d probably get on it. I wish my first entry had more details about my early charging. I think I may have extracted some data from random phone pics that might have defined an earlier “start” date. Can’t recall and can’t open the spreadsheet to know how they’re recorded.

If you're using an iPhone or iPad, you can get the sheet to open in the Google Sheets app. Thanks @Darren S for the tip.

@Bighorn I don’t have a photo record from 8/8/2014 when we met at Madison East Towne Mall the first time, but pretty sure of that date. If not the eighth, the ninth for sure.

For those of us that kept handwritten notes back in the day, our notes show the first SC trip started on 5/25/2013. We had 3,620 miles on the ODO to start.

We did Gilroy, Harris, Tejon, Hawthorne, Tejon, Harris, Gilroy. We kept notes on Rated miles, miles driven, Wh/m per leg, average speed on CC (before TCC), arrival time, departure time, outside temp.

For that total trip we had 26 gawkers, 11 picture takers, 1 thumbs up, 1 “what is that!” and the 1st female Tesla owner we had encountered, at Harris Ranch.

At first Tejon visit, we got Car Needs Service, called Tesla (Roadside didn’t exist) and performed first on road reboot to fix a bug in version 4.5 of the firmware.

We were in Early Access at the time so many of the rest of the notes were taken to report back to TM in email.

Alright, I'm home..and back awake. I think I got home a little after 7AM after driving almost all night. For the record I did "wait" at the SC in Franklin Park for @Darren S for almost 3 hours but he never showed up. Granted those three hours were between 12AM and 3AM but that's on him, not me... I was there. :)

Total trip was 3228 miles with 86 new Superchargers. I know some will talk about SC's per mile and all that...and yes I know I did rather well on this trip...but that was more a function of how dense that area of the country is in chargers and the fact that I had not been there ever in the case of NY, MA, RI, and CT and not in a year for NJ and south. Someone starting out new could crush that easily...and perhaps even the 36 in one day feat as well. A couple new ones just opened up in CT and that would make the task even easier.

Most miles in a day on this trip was 996 all going east...but that spilled over to 2AM so perhaps that does not count anyway. Had I skipped Ithaca and shaved off those (net) 50 miles (and 2.5 hours) it would have been 946 in one day easily. For the record, my longest day in the Tesla is just over 1100 miles...but I don't think I'll try that again. Specific circumstances were at play for that one.

The one thing I'd do differently were I to do this trip again would be to knock out York, PA after Baltimore rather than after my stops in VA. Too many miles on little roads to save that one for the last day of my trip. That stop basically sunk any chances of meeting up with DS later near Pittsburgh...but I felt compelled to get it. I don't think it was open last time i was in the area so I've never actually left it behind...unlike Staunton, VA which I've now skipped 4 times.

I'm happy that I got all four valet spots in Manhattan (and all 6 valet spots in the area) in the same day. I ended being at work until about 8-9PM most nights so getting out to grab those 1 per day like I was initially thinking would have been a tough challenge. Especially with getting my car out of the parking garage where I had it. They really buried it in there...and having to wait for them to retrieve it each night would have been tiresome. it's also best to deal with NYC traffic all at once rather than a little bit each night.

Most happy that I got to meet up with @PhillyGal and @theflyer on back-to-back days. Getting SC's is fun, but I definitely enjoy swapping stories from the road quite a bit more...and it even reinvigorates me for that next long drive.

Alright, I'm rambling... Here's my last day...
August 10th:
National Harbor - Potomac, MD --- The old one is definitely gone..but the new one is a big upgrade.
Arlington, VA --- Short walk to the DC metro from here and then I spent the day touring a couple museums.
Haymarket, VA
Leesburg, VA --- Sorry @Half Dollar Bill :)
York, PA --- Too many miles in the wrong direction...but I got it.
Altoona, PA

I'm predicting/hoping my next new one(s) will be in Michigan as the two under construction should be opening before October (one would hope).. I'm happy with being at 536 for a while though. Besides now the gap between me in 7th and @NKYTA in 6th is much more respectable.

Sorry I missed you yesterday. I was stuck at work all day and there's no way I was going to be able to sneak out to Haymarket. Next time!

Yeah, no worries. I'm sure I'll make it to the DC area again soon. I do love that town. Only went through a couple museums yesterday as I didn't want to drive all night...but then drove all night anyway. And so it goes... Alright, time for breakfast. :)

August 10th:
National Harbor - Potomac, MD --- The old one is definitely gone..but the new one is a big upgrade.
Arlington, VA --- Short walk to the DC metro from here and then I spent the day touring a couple museums.
Haymarket, VA
Leesburg, VA --- Sorry @Half Dollar Bill :)
York, PA --- Too many miles in the wrong direction...but I got it.
Altoona, PA
updated

Reactions: IT Geek
@Bighorn I don’t have a photo record from 8/8/2014 when we met at Madison East Towne Mall the first time, but pretty sure of that date. If not the eighth, the ninth for sure.

For those of us that kept handwritten notes back in the day, our notes show the first SC trip started on 5/25/2013. We had 3,620 miles on the ODO to start.

We did Gilroy, Harris, Tejon, Hawthorne, Tejon, Harris, Gilroy. We kept notes on Rated miles, miles driven, Wh/m per leg, average speed on CC (before TCC), arrival time, departure time, outside temp.

For that total trip we had 26 gawkers, 11 picture takers, 1 thumbs up, 1 “what is that!” and the 1st female Tesla owner we had encountered, at Harris Ranch.

At first Tejon visit, we got Car Needs Service, called Tesla (Roadside didn’t exist) and performed first on road reboot to fix a bug in version 4.5 of the firmware.

We were in Early Access at the time so many of the rest of the notes were taken to report back to TM in email.
NKYTA:
Do you have specific dates visited for any of those early chargers? You first posted your visits here:

Most Superchargers Visited

In looking through the dates for your early visits, it looks like you may have provided (or @Darren S) figured out the month of the visit, but they all got posted as the first day of the month. I'm trying to clean this up a bit, and will either change them to the last day of the month or the correct date if you can provide it.

NKYTA:
Do you have specific dates visited for any of those early chargers? You first posted your visits here:

Most Superchargers Visited

In looking through the dates for your early visits, it looks like you may have provided (or @Darren S) figured out the month of the visit, but they all got posted as the first day of the month. I'm trying to clean this up a bit, and will either change them to the last day of the month or the correct date if you can provide it.
FYI, for @Bighorn, @NKYTA and @PLUS EV, at least, their early visit logs started on Tesla's forum pages. I visited both, saw the activity, and kind of entered the data into the wiki for them. And I'm not sure I made a TMC forum entry to note it. So basically, the worst record-keeping possible.

I just sat down and mapped out my travels through ~Jan 2nd, 2020. I have a clear path to 200 before the end of the year, which is great. I mentioned to @PLUS EV that I hoped to be at 200 by Custer next year, so I'll be well ahead of that. If we can get to Florida in February or March, I might be able to pull off 300 by Custer. We'll see how things go!

Visited 2 new (for me) superchargers yesterday:
  • San Diego, CA - Friar's Road
  • San Clemente, CA
Takes me to 52!

Small potatoes, I know, but... :p

By the way, does walking up to a supercharger count as a visit? LOL I know it really doesn't, but hey! Shortly after we bought our MX, we went on a trip to Switzerland and the wife and I were in St Moritz and we had a few minutes so I said to her, "Hey! There's a Supercharger close to us. Let's go find it!" ...

View media item 120163
And we did! :D

Last edited:
FYI, for @Bighorn, @NKYTA and @PLUS EV, at least, their early visit logs started on Tesla's forum pages. I visited both, saw the activity, and kind of entered the data into the wiki for them. And I'm not sure I made a TMC forum entry to note it. So basically, the worst record-keeping possible.
Do you have links for those? haha :D

• Funny
Reactions: Darren S
You know, there's actually nothing stopping you or anyone else for that matter from doing the challenge and listing the repeats, even though they won't count in this game, just for the sake of the challenge.
I'm sure @theflyer and @tes-s are seeing this and saying "Sure, we can build that into Tableau as well!" :eek:
While said jokingly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a record of every supercharger stop. We'd need an extensive rework of the spreadsheet to handle that for everyone. Let's stick with what we got shall we. For the data geeks and compulsives, keep tracking everything and who knows what the future might bring. With @tes-s' vlookup ninja skills, we've been able to transpose the data in a way that'll allow me to do all kinds of amazing visualizations in Tableau. Hope to make an initial go at it this week. We've all long wanted to compare competitors to a greater degree. That will now be possible. Visits per day. Leaders by region. Leaders by time. Possibly even an animated visualization showing leaders over time. But first I need to teach myself how to do a join in Tableau.

Last edited:
Do you have links for those? haha :D
Oh, it's even worse than that.
My recollection is that the activity happened in the "Useful Information" thread @NKYTA created and kept recycling once it got to around 1000 posts, so if one were to look for the thread there would be multiple alternatives, but with the activity segregated in each by a date range.
Here's where one wishes they had a time machine and go back to make different choices.

Reactions: NKYTA