Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree hard no to the CHADeMO adapter with max 50 kW, has to at least be a Tesla plug, barely anyone has the $1000 connector. I got shipped two by mistake but returned them.

Another question will be if/when non-Tesla chargers have the Tesla adapter and capable of over 72 kW. Maybe that’s a different game. For now it’s simple.

I agree hard no to the CHADeMO adapter with max 50 kW, has to at least be a Tesla plug, barely anyone has the $1000 connector. I got shipped two by mistake but returned them.

Another question will be if/when non-Tesla chargers have the Tesla adapter and capable of over 72 kW. Maybe that’s a different game. For now it’s simple.

$1000? The CHAdeMO adapter has been $400 for a long time (I do remember when it cost more).

Anyway I'm gonna vote "no". This is the "Most Superchargers Visited" competition, not the "Most L3 Chargers Visited" competition.

Bruce.

Reactions: israndy
Maybe that’s a different game.
Yes, I think the game will change. Hopefully the new platform will accommodate whatever changes those are. At some point I think L3 chargers may simply be like gas stations - multiple brands, but essentially the same thing. It will be hard to claim their electricity is better. Other possibilities are a single national operator (government, quasi-government), state operators (perhaps a contractor), and I'm sure many others.

Reactions: BM3B
With the new data structures, recreating the states cleared map was pretty easy. When everyone goes to their map, you should now see a navigation button at the top right to "See which states you've cleared". On your phone, it'll say "Cleared states". Click that and you'll be routed to the new dashboard. Green means the state is cleared. White equals not cleared. If you hover over the state, it'll show you the total count of open or closed superchargers in that state and your count of visits. With this construct, if there is a closed location you were not able to visit, you'll never be able to clear the state. I can remove closed locations from the count if that would be preferred or add it as a filterable choice.

To return back to your main map, there is a navigation button at the top that says "Return to main map."

Here is @Big Earl's cleared states view.

Neat!

Unfortunately I live in Arkansas, Arkansas has a whopping 3 Superchargers (currently), and I have not cleared Arkansas. Ha ha!

I have seen this, I was wondering how you take that large spreadsheet of locations and turn it into a list of sites to visit. Or perhaps what app you use that can ingest this spreadsheet.

Perhaps everyone has to massage the data, but if others have found a faster way I am curious what it be.
For simple routes, I use the route planner built into supercharge.info. It’s good enough, pretty accurate and very easy to use. For complex routes or to verify how efficiently I’ve planned something, I import data into an app called Road Warrior. It’s expensive at $10/mo, but is the best “traveling salesman” route planner I’ve come across, and I’ve been looking for years. I only use ABRP for long distances between chargers or when heading into bad weather. I find the interface and layout a little busy for playing around with route drafting.

I find overplanning to be neither helpful nor fun. I generally like to sketch up a few options, get an idea for approximately how far I can get per day, then hop in the car and take it day by day, reserving hotel rooms or finding places to stay as I go. Sometimes I’ll seek out hotels with destination charging In advance... it really depends on the trip.

Sorry, I know I answered a lot of questions that nobody asked, but I figured context might be beneficial.

Last edited:
With the new data structures, recreating the states cleared map was pretty easy. When everyone goes to their map, you should now see a navigation button at the top right to "See which states you've cleared". On your phone, it'll say "Cleared states". Click that and you'll be routed to the new dashboard. Green means the state is cleared. White equals not cleared. If you hover over the state, it'll show you the total count of open or closed superchargers in that state and your count of visits. With this construct, if there is a closed location you were not able to visit, you'll never be able to clear the state. I can remove closed locations from the count if that would be preferred or add it as a filterable choice.

To return back to your main map, there is a navigation button at the top that says "Return to main map."

View attachment 644372

Here is @Big Earl's cleared states view.

View attachment 644373

I haven’t done a deep dive to check accuracy, but right off the bat I noticed it incorrectly shows that I haven’t cleared New York and Maryland. Perhaps retired sites that I haven’t visited are keeping it from clearing? If that’s the case, it should only take active locations into account.

Last edited:
Reactions: NKYTA
I haven’t done a deep dive to check accuracy, but right off the bat I noticed it incorrectly shows that I haven’t cleared New York and Maryland. Perhaps retired sites that I haven’t visited are keeping it from clearing? If that’s the case, it should only take active locations into account.
I'll have to check for a closed site in NY, but MD has a closed site in Rockville.

I'll wait to hear from others about their opinion as to whether closed sites should be included or excluded.

I definitely want the inactive sites to count towards the point total as I think it's a neat wrinkle and fair that the old timers get a small advantage. But I also agree that one should be able to attain the satisfaction of clearing a state by getting all the active superchargers in that state.

I definitely want the inactive sites to count towards the point total as I think it's a neat wrinkle and fair that the old timers get a small advantage. But I also agree that one should be able to attain the satisfaction of clearing a state by getting all the active superchargers in that state.

Indeed. Closed sites should definitely count toward a competitor’s total, as they do now. But they shouldn’t block someone from clearing a state, since new competitors can’t go back in time. Example: as it is now, I’m the only person who can clear Tennessee, as I’m the only one to charge at the now-closed Neyland Drive location.

I added a filter control for supercharger status and changed the default view to only include currently open superchargers. Each competitor can choose how to filter the map for themselves. Here is @Big Earl's without the closed superchargers reducing the number of states he's cleared. The yellow highlights on the right are where you'd change the filter if you wished to do so.

1615773924007.png

Indeed. Closed sites should definitely count toward a competitor’s total, as they do now. But they shouldn’t block someone from clearing a state, since new competitors can’t go back in time. Example: as it is now, I’m the only person who can clear Tennessee, as I’m the only one to charge at the now-closed Neyland Drive location.
!!!

Neyland Drive still shows up on my map and I was planning on driving hours out of the way to hit it. I had heard you talk about that one before, but it didn't register that that was the TN supercharger I was headed for. If one of my planned stops were to close that would have probably been my #2 choice after Brownsville so it's not all bad. Now if Fort Lauderdale fails me for the 2nd time tomorrow, that would upset me :)

I added a filter control for supercharger status and changed the default view to only include currently open superchargers. Each competitor can choose how to filter the map for themselves. Here is @Big Earl's without the closed superchargers reducing the number of states he's cleared. The yellow highlights on the right are where you'd change the filter if you wished to do so.

View attachment 644517
One more enhancement since I am avoiding doing more productive work. I added some binning so you can see which states you are very close to clearing. Here is a section of the southeast USA for Big Earl along with the tweaked tooltip showing his values for Kentucky. The color gradients are:

1615777106599.png

1615777195002.png

!!!

Neyland Drive still shows up on my map and I was planning on driving hours out of the way to hit it. I had heard you talk about that one before, but it didn't register that that was the TN supercharger I was headed for. If one of my planned stops were to close that would have probably been my #2 choice after Brownsville so it's not all bad. Now if Fort Lauderdale fails me for the 2nd time tomorrow, that would upset me :)
Knoxville Neyland Drive has been removed from the navigation system and PlugShare but nobody has confirmed that it has actually been deactivated and dismantled. supercharge.info was initially hesitant to mark it closed but it appears its gone from there now, too. Go check it out and grab a picture so we know for sure. :D

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
3 is not enough. I had to L2 charge for an hour to get from Nixa to Little Rock this winter.

Those of us who live here are acutely aware of how "not enough" three is. Fortunately there are two currently under construction (genuinely not sure why they're not active ...) and two more planned.

And it's not just Superchargers. EV charging of any kind is pretty sparse in Arkansas. I'd love to have some L2 at the State parks. Some don't even have RV camp grounds nearby, which frankly seems odd to me.

Reactions: BM3B