Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'm going to copy and paste my first post of 128 superchargers below and then insert month/year in bold. Most states will be easy because they were all in the same month, but some of the western states will be more complicated because they were on multiple trips. I had some minor uncertainties with the dates on some Oregon and Arizona superchargers, but I'm pretty sure I got them right. I had some major uncertainties with the California superchargers. I am confident that I visited the ones listed in September 2016, but the rest I can only say were in February or March of 2017.

Washington-6 (all but Kennewick)
September 2016
Burlington, Centralia
November 2016
Ritzville
Ellensburg
December 2016
Aberdeen
April 2017
Monroe

Oregon-11 (all but Bandon and Detroit Lake)
September 2016
Seaside, Lincoln City, Woodburn, Springfield, Grants Pass
January 2017
Baker City, Pendleton
April 2017
Klamath Falls, Bend, Sandy, The Dalles

California-41
September 2016
Crescent City, Eureka, Ukiah, Mt. Shasta, Petaluma, Gilroy, Seaside, Buellton, Barstow, Fountain Valley, San Diego
February/March 2017
El Centro, Corning, Truckee North, Truckee South, Napa, Vacaville, Manteca, Dublin, Mountain View, Fremont, Gustine, Fresno, Harris Ranch, Buttonwillow, Bakersfield, Tejon Ranch, Atascadero, Oxnard, Mammoth Lakes, Lone Pine, Inyokern, Mojave, Needles, Twentynine Palms, Indio, Cabazon, Rancho Cucamonga, Santa Ana, Temecula, San Juan Capistrano

Nevada-11 (all but Gardnerville)
September 2016
Primm, Las Vegas North, Beatty, Tonopah, Hawthorne, Reno
March 2017
Lovelock, Winnemucca, Elko, West Wendover, Las Vegas-South

Arizona-10 (all but Page)
October 2016
Kingman, Flagstaff, Holbrook, Cordes Lakes, Casa Grande, Buckeye, Wickenburg
March 2017
Yuma, Quartzsite, Gila Bend

Utah-6
January 2017
Tremonton, Salt Lake City, Nephi, Beaver, St. George
March 2017
Tooele

New Mexico-4
October 2016
Gallup, Albuquerque, Santa Rosa, Tucumcari

Texas-4
October 2016
Amarillo, Shamrock, Sulphur Springs, Lindale

Oklahoma-3
October 2016
Weatherford, Oklahoma City, Catoosa

Louisiana-4
October 2016
Shreveport, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, Slidell

Alabama-2
October 2016
Greenville, Auburn

Georgia-1
October 2016
Atlanta

Tennessee-2
November 2016
Chattanooga, Knoxville

Kentucky-1
November 2016
London

Ohio-4
November 2016
Cincinnati, Grove City, Macedonia, Maumee

Indiana-1
November 2016
Mishawaka

Illinois-1
November 2016
Peru

Iowa-2
November 2016
Coralville, West Des Moines

Minnesota-1
November 2016
Worthington

South Dakota-3 (all)
November 2016
Mitchell, Murdo, Rapid City

Wyoming-2
November 2016
Gillette, Sheridan

Montana-5
November 2016
Big Timber, Bozeman, Butte, Missoula, Superior

Idaho-3
November 2016
Couer d'Alene
January 2017
Boise, Twin Falls
Ok, I've revised your dates based on this list. You picked up a few first visits with the revised dates.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Honestly though, if not for the crosswind, I probably would have just driven a little faster and had the same thing happen anyway. I never would have dreamed that the car would come to a stop with miles still left on the battery. In fact, I was under the impression that there were a few miles left in reserve. I have heard stories of negative rated miles showing on the dashboard display. One time at a CA supercharger, a clueless group of young kids told me they arrived in their Model S with something like -12 rated miles. I've never gone into negative territory and I suspect that the new software doesn't show negative miles any more, but I have driven down to 0 at least once or twice and then continued a short distance (less than a mile) to the supercharger without issue.

You start out with a bit of a reserve when the car is new, but that goes away as the battery ages. As it continues to age, it will begin shutting down with single-digit miles remaining. That's what I'm gathering from my research on the 85 kWh pack, and the 100 kWh pack is very similar.

You start out with a bit of a reserve when the car is new, but that goes away as the battery ages. As it continues to age, it will begin shutting down with single-digit miles remaining. That's what I'm gathering from my research on the 85 kWh pack, and the 100 kWh pack is very similar.
Weird! I would rather have it display less Rated Miles available (even though we all hate that too!) than shut down with miles left on the gauge.

Are you currently driving the 3 or S?
In the S which is going to hit 260k tomorrow. I have not seen any loss in my range charge either, about 253 last I checked. Today is the first anniversary of the 3 with 39,299 miles in my effort not to do too many miles in an effort to maintain the warranty coverage :)

Check this out. Added two new filters to the horse race chart that enable some fascinating ways to narrow the list of competitors.

One filter lets you choose only competitors between a defined range of total supercharger visits. In the visualization, it is called "Total SCs visited." In the graphic below, I narrowed the view to only those competitors with 400-600 visits. That's just me, @IT Geek, and @NKYTA. The annotations show how to adjust and use the filter. So, if you're @bmah, you might set it to 70-90. What's so neat about this as compared to the graphic in our spreadsheet is that the upper and lower bounds can be set by you between 0 and the maximum number of superchargers visited by the leader.

The second filter is labeled "Running Sum of visits." In human language, it would be this: show me the total number of supercharger visits over time for each competitor but only during the window from X to Y supercharger visits.

In the second graphic below, I combined the two filters to create a view that does the following
  • Shows only competitors with 300+ supercharger visits
  • Shows their plots only from the time they crossed 200 visits to the time they crossed 300 visits. @Darren S and @Tdreamer are almost vertical lines through this window. @PLUS EV is just a dot because we don't have good date data for his visits back then, which is something Darren and @JSergeant are trying to dig deep into history to see if they can reconstruct.
Of course, all the other filters remain active and work in concert with the filters above. So, you could narrow to just competitors from the West coast, or select only a specific set of competitors, or down select to specific countries.

Finally, I discovered that Tableau allows anyone to download the data set that is behind any specific visualization. The second graphic below shows where to click to get the data. So, for instance, if you wanted to conclusively show who went from 0-100 the quickest, you would open all filters to include all values and then set "Running Sum of visits" to 0 and 100. Then, click the data download and import to a spreadsheet for easy calculations to see minimum time between 0 and 100.

View attachment 442343
View attachment 442345
I was able to clean up the original Tableau project so I added our new visualizations to our existing project. This will save me a ton of work and we all only need to remember the one URL we've been using all along.

All visualizations are here. The tabs across the top take you to the various worksheets.

Apologies for any confusion.

Reactions: Darren S and NKYTA
Honestly though, if not for the crosswind, I probably would have just driven a little faster and had the same thing happen anyway. I never would have dreamed that the car would come to a stop with miles still left on the battery. In fact, I was under the impression that there were a few miles left in reserve. I have heard stories of negative rated miles showing on the dashboard display. One time at a CA supercharger, a clueless group of young kids told me they arrived in their Model S with something like -12 rated miles. I've never gone into negative territory and I suspect that the new software doesn't show negative miles any more, but I have driven down to 0 at least once or twice and then continued a short distance (less than a mile) to the supercharger without issue.
Didn’t really know the theory on crosswinds, but empirically it makes sense to me. I’ve paddled canoes for a few decades (double fluid problem, the water you are on, and the wind you face in whatever direction). Energy expended is high in headwinds, of course, but a straight side wind is pretty bad too. Actually, in a canoe, rear quartering winds require both steering and propulsion skillz.

Probably why they invented sails where you can use the wind, even when it is in your face. :)

Reactions: Shesmyne2"
In the S which is going to hit 260k tomorrow. I have not seen any loss in my range charge either, about 253 last I checked. Today is the first anniversary of the 3 with 39,299 miles in my effort not to do too many miles in an effort to maintain the warranty coverage :)
Didn't you get a replacement battery?

Already added to spreadsheet:

8/17/2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
Culver City, CA
Los Angeles, CA, Francisco Street

The Francisco Street station is valet parking only. (Would have been nice if the Tesla supercharger site mentioned that. ;^) Hint: If you're not staying at the hotel, you will need a really creative story to get in.

A note about Santa Monica, CA. Fuggedaboudit. Spend the afternoon and evening in Venice and Santa Monica and the app never showed a free station. (Saturday ... what did I expect?)

What's your 100% range?

275 or about a 7% drop from where it was when it was new. If I were to graph that out I would say that things have been rather flat for a while now...and if anything I'm seeing an extra mile or two when I charge back up to 80%. But that varies a mile or two (maybe weather related perhaps). The big thing is that it has just stayed flat for quite some time now...and I've put on quite a few miles in 2019.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S