Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you certain that is Supercharger construction and not an electrical install for something else? I don't see anything Tesla specific in the photo.

The picture at NorCal Supercharger locations? - Page 25 shows forming for the pad of the Equipment Enclosure with conduits for the Distribution Center and Supercharger Cabinets. That's pretty strong evidence.

I am pretty sure Napa (or close by in the valley) will happen sometime in 2015. That's an area with high tourism that is car based...and I'm sure lots of Tesla employees who like to go wine tasting will want the convenience! Maybe Elon should buy a winery and locate SC's there...make it a nice place to hang and socialize with other owners. If it happens you heard it here first! (the winery I mean)

NorCal Supercharger locations?

I think I called this on page 19 back in May... along with Truckee. Ecarfan... the Solar City site makes perfect sense... no jerk landlord to deal with. :tongue: Even easy access to I-280.

Yes you did and I was skeptical because there was no "coming soon" dot near Truckee on the website map. I was wrong, and now I know that new SCs can pop up anywhere no matter what the official SC map shows! ;-)

Yes, I spoke with the Foreman on the job site and I just asked him what the construction was and he said a Tesla supercharger station.

My wife and I were in Petaluma today so I took a peak at the construction site. They were pouring concrete and there were tons of construction workers and trucks all over the place. They had the construction site pretty well blocked off so I decided not to get in anyone's way to get useful photos. But I did see three gray metal boxes (transformers of some type?) that were each three or four feet tall and about a foot and a half wide and deep. But I didn't see anything that looked like charging bays, supercharger cabinets, or even crates with the Tesla logo so they've still got some work to do before the site is live.

My wife and I were in Petaluma today so I took a peak at the construction site. They were pouring concrete and there were tons of construction workers and trucks all over the place. They had the construction site pretty well blocked off so I decided not to get in anyone's way to get useful photos. But I did see three gray metal boxes (transformers of some type?) that were each three or four feet tall and about a foot and a half wide and deep. But I didn't see anything that looked like charging bays, supercharger cabinets, or even crates with the Tesla logo so they've still got some work to do before the site is live.
Thanks for checking it out, did not see much as far as cabinets and charging stalls but looks to be in the early stages. Will continue to monitor in the coming weeks.

could have used PETALUMA today! Ispent three hours in Bodega Bay charging at a chargepoint station! I have forgotten how painfully slow these stations are!

I'm also looking forward to Petaluma for trips to Wine Country. Although not in Bodega Bay, if you're heading back towards SF there are plenty of HPWCs at the store in Corte Madera (which is in a mall with restaurants) and also at least one outside the service center in San Rafael.

The store in Corte Madera is really hard to find in the mall.
It is on the side away from 101 about in the middle of all
the stores.

At the back where the charge stations
are there is no entry to the store. You have to walk all the way around to the front
and the staff has a back door to the charge stations.

When we were there staff told us that when they are in the customer
area of the store they have no way to hear calls to the store phones.
Maybe they fixed that in the last couple months.

Update on Petaluma SC, went by this afternoon and some progress. Nobody working so had to look thru chain link, looks like cabinets are there and enclosure started and some trenching. Will check again next week.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 560
Update on Petaluma SC, went by this afternoon and some progress. Nobody working so had to look thru chain link, looks like cabinets are there and enclosure started and some trenching. Will check again next week.

Thanks for the update! Have you had a chance to stop by again this week?

I'm driving through Petaluma next Friday (Nov 28) morning so I can also stop by to check on progress.