Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Williamsport, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also drove by the Wawa at 8731 Pulaski Hwy, Rosedale, MD 21237
as Tesla says one is 'coming 2019' to Rossville, MD.

Nothing sighted. I've seen several at Wawas in MD, so I thought I'd check it out.

I would be ecstatic if they put this in the West Marine parking lot :) This is one of closest to the 695/95 areas and has lots of shopping... and who doesn't want to pickup some dockline?!

Reactions: jrreno
It's odd that this still isn't even listed on Tesla's map - all the planned sites just got updated to "Target opening in 2020", but Williamsport is just missing.

That map is pretty useless. Coming soons never come, gas station locations are not officially announced until after completion. Vienna VA, Bensalem PA, Williamsport PA all very much under construction but not on Tesla's map.

Reactions: jlv1 and Bobbo8
No work occurring today.

D5C795BC-03ED-47D7-AC33-98304EBC956D.jpeg A1B071DC-D952-46E1-BB5A-E88AF56C191D.jpeg

It's odd that this still isn't even listed on Tesla's map - all the planned sites just got updated to "Target opening in 2020", but Williamsport is just missing.

Almost all Superchargers that are hosted by Sheetz are not showing up on the "Coming Soon" map (I can't say that's 100% of the time, but most of the time).

My read is that these sites are not part of Tesla's strategic plan for network expansion, but rather Sheetz has initiated the installation and reached out to Tesla, not vice versa.

Not only that, but Sheetz actually seems to have a pretty good read on where the Supercharger network could use some help. They really are starting to "get it", and I say good for them.

I'm also heading through this area in March for a trip from Rochester to Ocean City, MD. The stretch from the Erwin, NY Supercharger to the Harrisburg, PA concerns me since it's a long stretch with a lot of elevation change.

Has anyone else done that stretch? Interested to hear other people's experiences. I have a M3 performance with 19inch wheels.

I’ve made it many times from Rochester to points south and Florida. I have an M3 LR RWD and can make Erwin to Harrisburg. I’m hoping Williamsport is up and running soon so I can go from Rochester to Williamsport and avoid Erwin.

I'm also heading through this area in March for a trip from Rochester to Ocean City, MD. The stretch from the Erwin, NY Supercharger to the Harrisburg, PA concerns me since it's a long stretch with a lot of elevation change.

Has anyone else done that stretch? Interested to hear other people's experiences. I have a M3 performance with 19inch wheels.

I ran Rochester to Ocean City through ABRP and it suggested going through Binghamton, but assuming you have your reasons for wanting to go through Harrisburg, I forced a waypoint at Harrisburg and it looks like it recommends charging to 73% at Erwin (which is only a 5 minute stop given you'd only be down to 61% coming from Rochester).

I have not driven that particular leg in my Model 3, but I would have almost zero concern with Erwin->Harrisburg. I have driven from Potsdam, NY to Moosic (Scranton), PA in one go (albeit traveling solo in my long range RWD w/ 18" aero wheels), and more comparably to Erwin -> Harrisburg, the next leg was from Moosic, PA to Mt. Jackson, VA, which does replicate the terrain you are talking about. These legs were each from 270 to 280 miles each, whereas Erwin->Harrisburg is merely 165 miles. And yes, the terrain can be hilly until you get to Williamsport, but after that you are basically just following the Susquehanna and it's pretty flat and relatively slow.

In fact, here is the ABRP elevation map with the green line being Williamsport:
Annotation 2020-01-06 151112.png

If you are concerned, just give it a little extra time at Erwin, and monitor the car's Energy display in trip mode and make sure you don't diverge greatly from the planned arrival SOC (at least not on the negative side). If you do, that's your cue to drive a little more efficiently

I have made that run in the middle of summer with a fully loaded S and did fine. I do believe I charged to 90% given my limited range. The pace was fast also.

I ran Rochester to Ocean City through ABRP and it suggested going through Binghamton, but assuming you have your reasons for wanting to go through Harrisburg, I forced a waypoint at Harrisburg and it looks like it recommends charging to 73% at Erwin (which is only a 5 minute stop given you'd only be down to 61% coming from Rochester).

Thanks so much for this information. I do this route cause I always have bad luck with Philly traffic and I'll be driving with my 4 year old that does better when the car is constantly in motion.

Appreciate the feedback...really thankful for this community.

Reactions: RTPEV