Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Palm Beach, FL (SC, closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That policy is for the West Palm Beach Service Center which is the site of the Superchargers. The Superchargers are open 24/7. The only problem is that the area has no services at all, and only those of the Service Center when it is open. The two nearest Superchargers in Plantation and in Port St Lucie both are in shopping centers with decent restaurants and shops that are open long hours. I tend to use West Palm Beach only when I have a reason to visit the Service Center.

That policy is for the West Palm Beach Service Center which is the site of the Superchargers. The Superchargers are open 24/7. The only problem is that the area has no services at all, and only those of the Service Center when it is open. The two nearest Superchargers in Plantation and in Port St Lucie both are in shopping centers with decent restaurants and shops that are open long hours. I tend to use West Palm Beach only when I have a reason to visit the Service Center.
So the Chargers are there but does not have service? Meaning I can't use it? Only when I schedule an appointment? That doesn't make sense.

You can use Superchargers 24/7. They are open to public access. The Service Center is not open 24/7 so you will not have rest rooms, snacks etc when the SC is closed. Rest assured the area is safe and open at all times.

I'm heading to Miami today (Sunday) and it states that the West Palm Beach charger is by appointment only on Sunday. Others said it's 24/7. Can anyone confirm? I tried calling but it is not open on Sunday.

Hi Cynthia,

Yes, we had a club event there today this morning. I charged my Model S there at the Superchargers, but the Service Center, Store and restroom were not open.
Too bad you couldn't drop by earlier I would have liked to have met you.

Larry

Hi Cynthia,

Yes, we had a club event there today this morning. I charged my Model S there at the Superchargers, but the Service Center, Store and restroom were not open.
Too bad you couldn't drop by earlier I would have liked to have met you.

Larry
Slightly off topic...
The Cincinnati Blue Ash Superchargers are at the new Tesla Blue Ash store and Service Center. If you check that Supercharger info in your car you'll note a code. That code is the entry code for the customer lounge, open 24/7 with a setup similar to that of the typical facilities at other Service Centers, like West Palm Beach. When Blue Ash opened I was told it was the first Supercharger co-located with a Service Center that had a customer 24/7 lounge. The stall there said they understood Tesla planned to roll out "many others". I hope WPB is one of those that happens soon, although it would require some moderate modification of the existing facility there. We'd all enjoy that, I think.

Slightly off topic...
The Cincinnati Blue Ash Superchargers are at the new Tesla Blue Ash store and Service Center. If you check that Supercharger info in your car you'll note a code. That code is the entry code for the customer lounge, open 24/7 with a setup similar to that of the typical facilities at other Service Centers, like West Palm Beach. When Blue Ash opened I was told it was the first Supercharger co-located with a Service Center that had a customer 24/7 lounge. The stall there said they understood Tesla planned to roll out "many others". I hope WPB is one of those that happens soon, although it would require some moderate modification of the existing facility there. We'd all enjoy that, I think.

Hi JC,

Thanks for the background information. That would be great if the West Palm Beach had 24/7 access to a lounge.

I wonder if something like this would work for the prospective Miami Service Center and Store to make Superchargers installed inside the facility accessable 24/7?

Larry

Reactions: jbcarioca

I wonder if something like this would work for the prospective Miami Service Center and Store to make Superchargers installed inside the facility accessable 24/7?

It would be nice were it to happen that way. It remains to be seen, although the Cincinnati people seemed positive that the same format would be deployed for almost all future Superchargers colocated with Stores and/or Service Centers. We can only hope.

Reactions: 1ton
This Supercharger location and the Service center are permanently closed. Service moved south to 5544 Okeechobee Blvd. This location is now owned by Lucid Motors. They are currently at the very beginning of build out phase I guess. I took these pics today The chargers are gone now forever, been that way for months.

Attachments

• IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9801.JPG
    IMG_9801.JPG
    986.1 KB · Views: 85
OK, I may be odd. I feel rather nostalgic for the old location. That was the first Supercharger my P85D ever used. At the very beginning the Superchargers were inside the Tesla locked parking, although that changed after a month or so. Beck in the long-ago early 2015 era the WPB service people used to come out to charging cars to ask if there was anything they needed. I had a couple things done there at their initiative, a charge port door, for instance. Then a little alter the LTE upgrade that then :D:D:D the Ludicrous upgrade.

I haven't been to the new facilities and Superchargers are blossoming everywhere. Still, I remember fondly all the enthusiasm of the early adopters and Tesla staff gushing about our new "loved ones". My spouse was far from the only one who referred to the Tesla as "your mistress". There were also a number of female owners whose attachment to their Tesla equalled that of the mysoginistic males.

It's better now, I don't even know any service staff any more. There's zero need for them now.

• Funny
Reactions: Larry Chanin