Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Palm Beach, FL (SC, closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the fence is going up. Here are a bunch of pictures. One thing to note is that the spots are pretty right to get into, the two other cars that pulled in (Tesla employees) both had to 3(+) point turn into the spots. I backed into an open parking spot in front of the charging spot and then drive straight in.

Album

- - - Updated - - -

Showing up as a non-Tesla charger on the map
20150509_165321.jpg

True, but the compensation is that the staff there are so very polite and helpful. I wish I had taken delivery there. This morning they actually recognized me from my two prior visits.

I will be picking up my car there next week. I will try and take a few pic's to post. When I was there for my test drive a few weeks back it looked complete but can't comment on the 24-hour availability. Not the greatest of neighborhoods so wouldn't be shocked if they closed the fences in the evening. More info to come...

Wasn't there some additional fencing that went around this location? A fence that allowed us to drive in and charger but still secured the lot at night. The last I saw was a partial of the fence construction. I'd love to see several photos of the final fencing etc if anyone has any to post. Thanks!

Wasn't there some additional fencing that went around this location? A fence that allowed us to drive in and charger but still secured the lot at night. The last I saw was a partial of the fence construction. I'd love to see several photos of the final fencing etc if anyone has any to post. Thanks!

When the superchargers were first built, they were inside the fence perimeter, but they moved the fences around so that they'd be accessible 24/7. As far as I know, that location is no more or less secure than any other random supercharger location.

FWIW this location has been always 24/7 because the left half the gate open even before the fence was moved. Anyway the current setup is easier.

Final fencing photos? I'm sure someone has some. They'll be helpful. Just a few shots with your cell phone would be great.

Final fence photos? Not exactly an exciting subject. :wink:

Here's a photo I took when I was there recently. You can see the black chain link fence between the Supercharger parking and the storage for Tesla vehicles.

attachment.php?attachmentid=108583&d=1453235809.jpg

Larry