Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn't noticed until now that the photo on the JCR Underground Facebook page was posted on Feb 23rd which is over a week ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this site is looking like it's close to completion by now.

The construction is that fast? I had thought it could easily last months (say, 2 months). Depending heavily on permits, approvals and scheduling.
I hadn't noticed until now that the photo on the JCR Underground Facebook page was posted on Feb 23rd which is over a week ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this site is looking like it's close to completion by now.

The construction is that fast? I had thought it could easily last months (say, 2 months). Depending heavily on permits, approvals and scheduling.

Once they get started, it usually takes a matter of weeks. Sometimes there are delays after it's done waiting for the utility to install the transformer or get an inspection done (The Plantation, FL site is a classic example of this where it was done for months before the transformer was installed), but there have been cases like Kingsland, GA where it was less than 3 weeks between the time they started construction and the time it went live:

Supercharger — Kingsland, GA

Working on it today.. but certainly not saying anything. They have to sign NDAs to work on it.

rTT3pWS.jpg

Working on it today.. but certainly not saying anything. They have to sign NDAs to work on it.

Thanks for the scouting trip! Looks like the transformer and the meter are already installed. Did you happen to look at the meter to see if it's powered up? Looks like they'll probably have the stalls done by today and then just need to paint the lines. This could be done as early as next weekend.

Thanks for the scouting trip! Looks like the transformer and the meter are already installed. Did you happen to look at the meter to see if it's powered up? Looks like they'll probably have the stalls done by today and then just need to paint the lines. This could be done as early as next weekend.

I didn't get a chance to go over to the transformer. I didn't think about it and wanted to not hang out too long as they were waiting for me to take pictures and move on. Nice guys but they stopped working when I came over since they were pulling long lengths of cable out across the parking lot. I stated up front that I was well aware that they can't say anything about the job or other jobs, and they nodded. I asked if it was ok to walk over and take pictures, they were fine with that but obviously were being distracted by my presence so I took some quick pics and left them alone to get back to work.

Also, the pedestals are centered on the spaces, which of course is wrong, but I'm sure will be corrected by shifting the spaces when it is re-painted. Hopefully :)

Here are the other pics.

IMG_1123.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG

Uh oh. The JCR Underground Facebook page no longer has the photos of the construction. I wonder if they got in trouble for posting them.

Anyway, anyone able to pass by in the next couple of days? I bet this is very close to being done.

Went through Warsaw this past weekend for a last minute beach trip. Charged to 190 on the way down to Carolina Beach, spent two nights, and hit it again with about 15 miles of rated range left. Plugged in and hit 117kW so it's cranking at full power.

Kinda interesting that at this point, the only pictures of the Warsaw supercharger in use show clintons brown (above) and my green (below), I'm guessing the two rarest colors (if you don't count custom colors).

Trip down:
IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

Trip back:
IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG

Look closely at the last picture :)