Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger V3 unveiling in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If click the link that OP gave, a lot of these questions are answered as best we know now. Of course we will know a lot more in a little over 3 hours.

The "answers" in the link are pure speculation. They were pulled from a non-Tesla employee on Reddit who claims to have insider information.
No information whatsoever on pricing. S/he didn't even know what (if any) models outside Model 3 could charge at higher rates than the existing SCs.

I'd much rather trust information coming directly from Tesla to make a $100,000 purchase decision (and even then...) :D

The "answers" in the link are pure speculation. They were pulled from a non-Tesla employee on Reddit who claims to have insider information.
No information whatsoever on pricing. S/he didn't even know what (if any) models outside Model 3 could charge at higher rates than the existing SCs.

I'd much rather trust information coming directly from Tesla to make a $100,000 purchase decision (and even then...) :D

Yup, i am aware. Hence, "as best as we know now" phrase and knowing a lot more in 3 hours statement. When dealing with a 100k, most definitely worth waiting and doing due diligence. Good luck. I have a 2016 MX and am really hoping I can use the new speed, but am guessing I am out of luck. We will probably know soon.

Does anyone know where the first station(s) will be? I read something about Forks, WA being one of the first and then saw something about the first one being in the NW United Ststes but supposedly there hasn’t been much evidence of a Forks, WA supercharger yet.

So can someone quickly put this in a format I can understand

Charging a model 3 from 0-90 takes xxx hours on V2 supercharger

Charging a model 3 from 0-90 takes xxx hours on v3 supercharger

Nobody knows yet how the v3 charger will taper on each car.

I can say this, though... on a LR RWD Model 3, assuming it can use the full 200kW... you should see a peak charge rate of around 800mph (vs 500mph).

There’s another thread about version 2019.7.11 which enables charging at full capacity with v3 superchargers but this is probably appropriate for this thread too. There’s a thread about this on reddit:
2019.7.11 Software Update Megathread (Supercharger v3) : teslamotors

250kW peak charging!!!

E663C878-61DB-450A-B11D-AC92E7706519.jpeg

B3E3C5DC-F82F-4C68-B347-06F870A560B0.jpeg

So at one hand Tesla is rolling out these v3 SC's but then we also have the Urban SC's that are also getting launched. Here is what they look like as they just got installed in my parking garage but still haven't been turned on yet. These also don't share power across adjacent stalls and the Tesla engineer that I ran into said that they are darn fast! (whatever that translates into.. Lol)

Has anyone experienced these Urban SC's anywhere? And what are their specs?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190306-223853_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190306-223853_Gallery.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: dennisvab