Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tahoe City, CA (LIVE Nov 15 2019, 6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a meter!
Equipment still not turned on :(
IMG_20191017_083155.jpg

Curious, why do you think they installed the J1772 as well?
I'd bet it was for the same reason that they do it at the other supercharger locations where they have done so. I.e. Because the property host, in this case the N. Tahoe Visitor Center, requested it as part of the hosting/leasing agreement.
I think that's a Tesla HPWC in the 7th parking spot.
While the housing is the same, the connector is actually a J1772 plug, not a Tesla one. Marco's pic above is obviously from a different location showing what it looks like up close but, if you look closely at the pic that @brucet999 uploaded on October 6th, you can see that it is also a J1772 at Tahoe City. (Reposting the picture below)

img_3191-jpg.463336

Still not turned on. Looks like all the hardware is in place. Don't know why.
Lots of people and Teslas up here this weekend fleeing the fires and power shutoffs could use this station.
We have power since the Eastern slope is sheltered from the winds.

Nav system is reporting randomly wrong data for number of stalls free for the past few weeks. Today it was reporting 4 free stalls (out of 6) and when I got there, no stalls were occupied. When I plugged in, it reported just one free stall (still nobody there) and after I unplugged it went back to 4 free stalls. Same at other times for the past few weeks. All of the stalls seem to be working... just incorrect reporting.
So... don't trust the nav system. It's wrong.

Nav system is reporting randomly wrong data for number of stalls free for the past few weeks. Today it was reporting 4 free stalls (out of 6) and when I got there, no stalls were occupied. When I plugged in, it reported just one free stall (still nobody there) and after I unplugged it went back to 4 free stalls. Same at other times for the past few weeks. All of the stalls seem to be working... just incorrect reporting.
So... don't trust the nav system. It's wrong.
I find NAV often inaccurate. For some reason it doesn't even seem to know for the past two years that Topaz Lake (AKA Gardnerville) NV exists.