Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tahoe City, CA (LIVE Nov 15 2019, 6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s an on-the-ground shot of the north side of the parking lot, for future reference.

2DD0E56F-4240-4B83-8A29-2058A1B53056.jpeg

It’s early in the season, but the parking was pretty quiet today. There’s also another 8 spots on the street (so 24 spots in all).

One minor niggle: you can only enter and exit the parking lot when headed northbound (it’s off a one-way ramp connecting 89 and 28). When headed southbound, you’ll have to turn around twice (once before and once after charging).

5E367CED-902C-4F12-8103-DD8ECF4A6D5F.jpeg

Starting to think it's unlikely we'll see construction complete this year. Less than three months left to complete the project (and without the planning approval in place) before they'd have to pack up for the winter.

At least the Incline site has seen some new construction in the last week or so!

Starting to think it's unlikely we'll see construction complete this year. Less than three months left to complete the project (and without the planning approval in place) before they'd have to pack up for the winter.

At least the Incline site has seen some new construction in the last week or so!
The permit is actually approved, though the portal doesn't show it. This according to a phone conversation with the Placer County building dept. from last week. My guess is that Tesla might be using the same contractor for the Incline Village and Tahoe City locations, so I wouldn't worry too much about delays until that one gets finished.

Reactions: 21five
The permit is actually approved, though the portal doesn't show it. This according to a phone conversation with the Placer County building dept. from last week. My guess is that Tesla might be using the same contractor for the Incline Village and Tahoe City locations, so I wouldn't worry too much about delays until that one gets finished.
The Incline contractor last year was clueless.
Hope they changed.

The Placer County online permitting portal is now showing that the permit was issued on 2019-07-11. So, construction start may actually happen within the next few weeks. Anyone who is going to be in the area over the next month should swing by if/when possible to check for a status change.

Hopefully this means that progress on Incline Village has taken place as well.

Swung by the Tahoe City location Saturday night, 8/17/19. Looks like progress. Fenced off, but pedestal bases are in and connection cabinets are in for the 6 charger stations. Crazy traffic flow there. For those who have not been there lately, there is a new bridge under construction across the Truckee River before you get to Tahoe City. This cutoff will connect to Highway 89 South and North without going through the "Y". Bypassing this SuC. Maybe that's a good thing.
IMG_2496.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 21five and otter
Crazy traffic flow there. For those who have not been there lately, there is a new bridge under construction across the Truckee River before you get to Tahoe City. This cutoff will connect to Highway 89 South and North without going through the "Y". Bypassing this SuC. Maybe that's a good thing. View attachment 444175

Yup, the bridge is apparently on track to open by the end of the summer season. Longer-term (estimated completion in 2021), there is a proposal to replace the Y intersection with a large roundabout, along with a replacement for Fanny Bridge across the river, which should also ease traffic flow somewhat. More background here

The biggest issue I see with access to this Supercharger is trying to get in from the north, but we'll see how it goes.

Stopped by today.
They have poured concrete for six charging stations at the North side of the lot plus the equipment enclosure. The electrical cabinets and three Superchargers are installed in the enclosure.
There is still a lot of exposed conduit on the South side of the lot with underground connections to the North. No concrete poured on the South side. Not sure what this will be but it could be for the utility transformer although it seems like a lot of conduit just for that.
(The first photo in post #36 shows the South side of the lot. There are about 10 pieces of conduit sticking up there.)

(Interesting note. This site used to be a gas station. One of four in town that have closed over the past years. Fitting that it is repurposed as an EV charging site.)