Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - St George, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the mean-time, there is a free charging Option for those traversing from Vegas to Beaver.

A couple of weeks ago I met some (Orem, UT) owners while using the Richfield Supercharger.
I was told this information is NOT on Plug-share....

There is a Best Western in Cedar City, UT that I picked up 30 miles of charge from their RV slots.
You can charge there for free, up to two hours.
Address:
189 N. Main St.
Cedar City, UT, 84720
1-800-493-9900
Part of the property is South of North St., the RV portion is North of North St.

I used this for my trek South to Vegas, and as it turned out, it was not required (I arrived with 93 rated miles).

Safe travels....

I was by the St George site today. For the full set of photos please see St George Supercharger - victoriasports

2H6A6417.jpg

I was by the St George site today. For the full set of photos please see St George Supercharger - victoriasports

Great pics! Thanks!

The transformers that you show look like they have been there for a while and the Voltage is wrong. Superchargers need 480/277V, not the 208/120V shown. My guess is that the new transformer will be installed next those existing ones.

My wife just made the trip from Las Vegas to Beaver, starting at 7:30 AM this morning. Our car charged to 268 in Las Vegas. She went 55-60 MPH for the first half of the trip and lost no miles vs. rated miles. She sped up after Cedar City and arrived in Beaver with 38 rated miles. So, no issues.

Wow, I wanted to do this trip recently, but was worried I wouldn't make it. I need to learn a bit more about how to tell if I will make it or not. I imagine driving my usual 75-80 wouldn't let me make it? I made a day to from Vegas-LA-Vegas on saturday, arrived in LA with 127 miles RR, and the supercharger in Barstow showed 104 miles away, I didn't want to chance it so I drove 20 miles out of the way to San Juan Capistrano supercharger and ate a taco while the car charged. Got up to 220 miles RR then drove to Barstow, arrived with 50-60 miles RR, so I was glad I stopped.

My wife just made the trip from Las Vegas to Beaver, starting at 7:30 AM this morning. Our car charged to 268 in Las Vegas. She went 55-60 MPH for the first half of the trip and lost no miles vs. rated miles. She sped up after Cedar City and arrived in Beaver with 38 rated miles. So, no issues.

Glad she had no issues! A friend told me that he saw a Model S getting picked up by a tow truck just before Cedar City yesterday, I'm wondering if they left Vegas at 80mph and ran out of juice.

marc:

That's great to know. That sets my mind at ease, plus the various suggestions of places to charge mean I'm not worried about the trip now.

Great pics! Thanks!

The transformers that you show look like they have been there for a while and the Voltage is wrong. Superchargers need 480/277V, not the 208/120V shown. My guess is that the new transformer will be installed next those existing ones.

Yes, those transformers look like they've been there for a long time.

I am totally not an expert on these things, but judging from the installations I've seen and the discussions in the past, it looks to me like the concrete pad that's been poured is for the Supercharger hardware, and there's conduit installed to a location beside the existing transformers, so they will likely pour a concrete pad and install the required transformer there (as you suggest).

The only equipment I saw was those SquareD distribution cabinets. No Supercharger hardware delivered yet.

So, they've made a start, but there need to be a few deliveries soon...

btw, the location is a bit out of the way. I knew (rationally) that I could make it from Beaver to Las Vegas without difficulty, but I must say that adding about 8 km (5 miles) to the trip got the paranoid side of me thinking "if anything goes wrong, I am going to look foolish". :)

Oh, and: dumb joke, the sign says "Transformers 4" but I think it will be "Transformers 3".

I am in St. George right now, on my way from Los Angeles to Park City. Tom, the owner of The Inn on The Cliff, was forwarding-thinking enough to install a single NEMA 14-50 outlet for the use of overnight guests, and I believe that I am the first guest to use it. It was installed last week and is not yet listed on PlugShare etc. I am pulling 24.3 Rated Miles per hour of charging, which is fine for an overnight charge. While it is possible to make it from LA to PC without an overnight stay, it is over 11 hours of actually driving, plus the charging, so it is nice to have a place to rest. St. George is both less expensive and less hectic than Las Vegas. So even after the St. George Supercharger is completed, The Inn on The Cliff is a good alternative.

By the way, at the Barstow Supercharger yesterday afternoon, about 75 feet from the 4 stalls, were two very large wooden crates with a Tesla logo on each crate. Presumably this is equipment to install more stalls (much needed).

Last edited: