Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Charles, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plugshare and evtripplanner seem to fall somewhere in the middle.

"You can't fight in here - this is the war room!"
I can no longer sit back and allow Tesla infiltration, Tesla indoctrination, Tesla subversion, and the international Tesla conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

- - - Updated - - -

His mouth says "Dallas". They fixed the sound track to say "Vegas" due to the Kennedy assassination. While Slim Pickens was great, I still wonder how Peter Sellers would have played that role if he hadn't gotten sick.
I believe the original line was "A fella could have a pretty good time in Big D with all this stuff", before they looped it post assassination. Although I'm one of Sellers' biggest fans and I too have wondered what he'd have done, I don't feel like I missed anything. I don't think there was a bad job or role in it - Pickens, Hayden, Scott, Wynn, Peter Bull ("Ambassador de Sadesky") and Sellers were all terrific, iconic even. It's my all-time favorite movie, starting from my mom taking me to see it when I was a small child, and the only part of it I remembered and thought funny was Pickens riding the bomb down. It wasn't until I saw it years later that I realized what movie it was, or could follow it. And I've probably seen it at least 50 times now, and can do much of the dialogue from memory:biggrin:

Oddly enough, Pickens was a lifelong Californian, mostly in the San Joaquin Valley. He must have picked up the accent on the rodeo circuit.

I just visited this charger a few days, it is open. Its 204 miles from Independence. I did charge in Columbia, MO in case it was not open. Its across the street from Smash Burger. When you turn right on the exit, go to end of the plaza on your right side. Its on your right ride. Turn right into the parking lot, and its on your left side. It about 50 yds from Taco Bell.

I just visited this charger a few days, it is open. Its 204 miles from Independence. I did charge in Columbia, MO in case it was not open. Its across the street from Smash Burger. When you turn right on the exit, go to end of the plaza on your right side. Its on your right ride. Turn right into the parking lot, and its on your left side. It about 50 yds from Taco Bell.

It's basically in the parking lot for Smash Burger, and in the same shopping center as the Taco Bell. I don't work too far from there, so suddenly Smash Burger is new favorite place for lunch.
There's also a grocery store with a salad bar and things there as well if you wanted to eat a bit more healthy.

Well, I love Smash Burger, so that's good. I'll be making my first drive to St. Louis in the Model S, since the St. Charles charger opened up, on Friday. It's still a stretch range wise, but I should make it.

I take it you're coming up Friday night for the Grand Opening Saturday? Looking forward to meeting some of the long-time members of the St Louis Tesla Enthusiasts group that haven't yet been able to make it to a meeting (due to lack of Supercharging)!

I take it you're coming up Friday night for the Grand Opening Saturday? Looking forward to meeting some of the long-time members of the St Louis Tesla Enthusiasts group that haven't yet been able to make it to a meeting (due to lack of Supercharging)!

Unfortunately, no. I'm coming up for the Lego Robotics World Championships. In theory, I might be able to run by, but I think I'll be spending the entire day at the Edward Jones Dome with my daughter and her robotics team, Big Bot Theory. We'll see though, I'd love to meet you guys face to face as STL is one of my most frequent destinations, but it's a tough trip to make it up for a one day/short day event.

Wish I could make it, but done plan to head back to Cali until May 12. BTW, what is going on with the Columbia SC? I went to the address 2520 Broadway Bluffs Drive and could not find anything.

A big question for all the locals in and around Missouri: My son and I will be heading east to Milwaukee in about a week, and I have tentatively planned to take I70 once we reach Colorado. I cannot figure out which route and charging selection is better: We likely will stay the night at the Independence SC. Route A would take us all the way along Interstate 70 to charge at St. Charles, then north to Springfield. We have an old-fashioned S85, so a range charge and moderate speeds should enable reaching St. Charles without stopping.

Route B would mandate a stop in Rocheport at the Yates B&B to utilize their 80A HPWC, and charge for about two hours (we have dualies.) Then, east of Columbia we exit the Interstate via US54 and take the hypotenuse through Mexico and Louisiana before joining Interstate 72 in Illinois about 40 miles west of Springfield. If I recall, this route is about 40 miles shorter, but would entail about 1 1/4 hours more charging time.

Which route would y'all recommend for us? Is the rural route scenic? Will there be traffic issues in and around Saint Louis? Thanks to all for your suggestions!

A big question for all the locals in and around Missouri: My son and I will be heading east to Milwaukee in about a week, and I have tentatively planned to take I70 once we reach Colorado. I cannot figure out which route and charging selection is better: We likely will stay the night at the Independence SC. Route A would take us all the way along Interstate 70 to charge at St. Charles, then north to Springfield. We have an old-fashioned S85, so a range charge and moderate speeds should enable reaching St. Charles without stopping.

Route B would mandate a stop in Rocheport at the Yates B&B to utilize their 80A HPWC, and charge for about two hours (we have dualies.) Then, east of Columbia we exit the Interstate via US54 and take the hypotenuse through Mexico and Louisiana before joining Interstate 72 in Illinois about 40 miles west of Springfield. If I recall, this route is about 40 miles shorter, but would entail about 1 1/4 hours more charging time.

Which route would y'all recommend for us? Is the rural route scenic? Will there be traffic issues in and around Saint Louis? Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Every time I've been through St. Louis traffic has been horrible. But it's been a few years since I've been there. Last time I went all three interstates crossed the Mississippi on the same bridge. I believe they have split them since then. If you don't want to worry about traffic then take hwy 54 if you want to just stick to the interstates it should be possible to make it if you get a full charge at Independence. It's really up to you both roads are scenic in my opinion.

I hit the button to navigate to the St. Charles Supercharger this morning (I don't leave until noon though) and the NAV directed me to the Independence charger! Thought maybe I hit the wrong button so I tried again with the same result. Then I manually typed in the Supercharger's street address...and still got routed to Independence...and not to the St. Charles charger via Independence, just to Independence as a final destination!
What the heck?

I hit the button to navigate to the St. Charles Supercharger this morning (I don't leave until noon though) and the NAV directed me to the Independence charger! Thought maybe I hit the wrong button so I tried again with the same result. Then I manually typed in the Supercharger's street address...and still got routed to Independence...and not to the St. Charles charger via Independence, just to Independence as a final destination!
What the heck?

I hit the button this morning and it took me to St. Charles. Your car just likes KC better. :)

What the heck?

efusco,

Just to check. I'm guessing you saw a blue line to Independence. If you zoomed out did you happen to notice a grey line routing the rest of your trip. That is what I see when I map a trip that takes me through a SuperCharger or two.

Liz