Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Skokie IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would be correct. Outside temperatures have been consistently in low teens or single digit which is lower than the tolerance for pulling the conductors. Besides becoming very rigid and making it difficult to work with, there is risk of damaging the outer insulation.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was a technical issue with the cold, just assumed it was too cold for the crews. Speaking of which, they have a bunch of guys out today so they are definitely in a hurry to get this done before Friday and the return of the cold.

Superchargers are still covered up - didn't take the photos - plugshare.com
IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1780.JPG

Funny thought here but it's been a long time since we've been in the snow (lived in the Chicago area for many years). Stupid question but how easy is it to back up in a Supercharger stall when you can't see the stall lines LOL? Just wondering, if there are alot of cars charging and maybe some not so well parked, if people find that some stalls can't be used due to how people parked? I know even here with no snow issues, some drivers are horrible backup parkers even with the rear view camera. A few times while Supercharging we even talked to each other about whether to ask if they were new to the car and need help parking. With no stall lines I can't see that going well at all for some folks.

Reactions: WFrank
My bad I was under the impression that urban chargers were higher Kw.
Tesla article. Supercharging Cities

Urban SChgrs: 72 kW dedicated
Highway/Travel SChrgrs: up to ~130 kW shared in pairs

Superchargers in urban areas have a new post design that occupies less space and is easier to install, making them ideal for dense, highly populated areas. To increase efficiency and support a high volume of cars, these Superchargers have a new architecture that delivers a rapid 72 kilowatts of dedicated power to each car. This means charging speeds are unaffected by Tesla vehicles plugging into adjacent Superchargers, and results in consistent charging times around 45 to 50 minutes for most drivers.
supercharging-cities-announcement.jpg