Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger rates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly, I'm back East. But the general rule for Superchargers seems to be 3X the going residential rate. The assumption is that the 3X pays for electricity, maintenance, repairs, and More Superchargers.

Around here, Tesla seems to have shifted to time-of-day charging as well; there's one place near here which charges $0.13/kW-hr between midnight and 6 a.m. or so, but around $0.46 between noon and 6 p.m.. I've been guessing that those kinds of numbers are possibly oriented towards apartment dwellers.

Finally: Underutilized SC's seem to get lower prices, overall.

I don't have this working quite right, but, if you go to the Tesla app, go to Location, and type in a spot (I just did, "Dallas Texas"), it'll set up a trip with superchargers. If one then hits an "X" for the trip, cancelling it, the end point shows up on the map in the app, with all the SC's and how many free stalls are present around the location. Let's see.. Tap the one in Arlington.. $0.34 from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m., $0.38 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., $0.37 from 8 p.m. to midnight, and $0.22 from midnight to 4 a.m..

Similar displays can be seen on the car's NAV.

Looks about the same as around here, albeit a bit cheaper.