Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pacific Grove, CA (LIVE 12 Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A section of the Lucky's parking lot is fenced off at 200 Country Club Gate Center, Pacific Grove, CA. I counted 6 of the pre-fab bases and see two boxes that look like pedastals.
1000000122.jpg

Sure would have been convenient when we visited in May! I think we might have this “curse” where nice new superchargers show up after we leave an area. We sure catch a lot under construction but not complete until after we pass through, ha ha.

For that May trip we rented a Model Y.

No major progress at this time..... A relatively small parking lot - will take up a big chunk of space.
Appreciate this addition - we deal with a ton of weekenders all year round. I llve 1/2 mile away. Pebble beach is 1/4 mile from here so lots of Teslas. Will use in emergency as the garage charger is sufficient for both our cars., Might be tough here when Christmas season hits.... that used to be the location of tree sales.

.... except maybe for the elusive PG&E transformer?
Has been relatively low activity last couple of weeks... so yes must be on PG&E (which is currently very busy cleaning up last winter's disasters and preparing for this winter coming.)

Haven't seen any mention of amenities...
Relatively small shopping center... there is a Luckys grocery store and Rite Aid. For food or drinks there is a Subway, and the Bagel Bakery. Also at the side exit to Hwy 68, there is a Starbucks and a new Jersey Mikes Sub next door about to open. Starbucks opens before 6 AM and has restrooms, I was told Luckys also has restrooms but can't confirm.

When we got our 1st of 3 Teslas - never expected to have a SC this close, although we generally utilize only when traveling. My wife has put over 300,000 miles total with her 2 Teslas (and gets free SC), but she mostly charges at home. I have 60k on mine (includes my 48 state challenge 3 years ago) but don't put much on it otherwise.
We will use this SC in a pinch, but next closest is only 4 miles further.

OK... went to site to find location of the elusive green transformer (to be jnstalled by PG&E)
Took this pic - about to leave and a worker truck pulls in). I ask about transformer and was told PG&E has to pull a line from out on the street. He pointed to the location of the yellow cover (in the pic). So I'm guessing may be a while longer. Will check often for any progress.

Other thing I never noticed before are the "60 minute general parking signs - so I guess there may be icing problems.

PG 4.JPG

Yeah, some lot owners refuse to give up the available parking spaces assuming they will rarely have people Supercharging and more likely it'll be Xmas every day so they write into the contract that you can't ding people for parking at their Mall or whatever even if they are in a space that is used for charging. Tesla will surely work to avoid these stipulations and possibly even moves to a different location, but if you already have another Supercharger less than 3 miles away, what the hey

Yeah, some lot owners refuse to give up the available parking spaces assuming they will rarely have people Supercharging and more likely it'll be Xmas every day so they write into the contract that you can't ding people for parking at their Mall or whatever even if they are in a space that is used for charging. Tesla will surely work to avoid these stipulations and possibly even moves to a different location, but if you already have another Supercharger less than 3 miles away, what the hey
Yes, I agree. That space where 10 of the 12 chargers are sitting is usually the location of the Christmas tree sales and would be fenced off for well over a month. When that happens parking is really at a premium... so Iam sure there will be non electric cars sitting here for more than the 60 minutes allowed by the signs. But there are other SC choices fairly close.

What’s the hold up on opening these? Exactly what does PG&E need to do? They have been finished and ready to go for a month now. Hoping they keep in line with Seaside and Marina at .35 kWh, and don’t set it like Del Monte center.

I was told by the crew (as they were 'departing the site') that PG&E had yet to run a 'line' from the street - puportedly underground'. I don't see a spot for the telltale green transformer, so not sure what will be the indication that opening is eminent. PG&E has different priorities with the coming winter.

Still no hookup to PG&E.
We just had 4 days electrical outage pretty much all over the Peninsula and are expecting another lengthy storm end of this week.
PG&E is extremely busy with these outages, so my guess is March/April.... or even May .... 2024

I don’t think PG&E is necessarily doing the hookup. There were heavy duty Michel Energy trucks putting up a new power pole and running some wires underground. I think they’re finally getting it done.
I agree. The only reason I assumed it would be PG&E was as the installation crew was leaving they told me the "power company" had to run underground cables to connect. I never thought it would be farmed out - but makes sense.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Mzab21