Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! This is great news.......let's see the pictures

Here's the picture we all have been waiting for!

There was a pow wow going on amongst the 8 or so workers that I did not want to interrupt, so I asked no questions.

Attachments

• IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 390
Photos uploaded...

Updated post with photographs from 1 PM, 9/10/2014:
Not only are the fences down,

Southern California Edison is on site
IMG_6616.jpeg

and are completing the install of meters on the cabinet feeding power to the supercharger cabinets. Here's a look inside:
IMG_6614.jpeg

The technician said "the guys with the transformer are usually right behind me" (within 1-2 days).
IMG_6611.jpeg

I have pictures but can't upload them from this location...later.

I had to figure out a way to shrink the photos before I could get them to upload.

Shout out to James Ruhmel, who drove by as I was talking to the Edison technician. We're all keeping close tabs on this Supercharger's roll out. I look forward to Teslas announcing the site's certification and opening then to shaking hands and saying hello when we meet up at the supercharger.

Here's a look at the signs that indicate the Supercharger's parking time limit (bit of a hassle but allows improved access).
IMG_6609.jpeg

I can imagine a time when there are 30 supercharger slots and hundreds of people coming by to fill up, we're going to need some sort of valet system to facilitate maximum Supercharger utilization potential.

Excitement builds!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the Southern California Edison technician was impressed that when all 10 superchargers were occupied, Teslas will be pulling down as much power as the entire whole foods supermarket with all its refrigeration going.

Updated post with photographs from 1 PM, 9/10/2014:

I had to figure out a way to shrink the photos before I could get them to upload.

Shout out to James Ruhmel, who drove by as I was talking to the Edison technician. We're all keeping close tabs on this Supercharger's roll out. I look forward to Teslas announcing the site's certification and opening then to shaking hands and saying hello when we meet up at the supercharger.

Here's a look at the signs that indicate the Supercharger's parking time limit (bit of a hassle but allows improved access).
View attachment 58873
I can imagine a time when there are 30 supercharger slots and hundreds of people coming by to fill up, we're going to need some sort of valet system to facilitate maximum Supercharger utilization potential.

Excitement builds!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the Southern California Edison technician was impressed that when all 10 superchargers were occupied, Teslas will be pulling down as much power as the entire whole foods supermarket with all its refrigeration going.

Thanks for the shout out and keeping us updated !! I updated the Tesla owners of Ventura county Facebook as well.

I stopped by this evening around 7pm, took a few photos. Ten superchargers in a row; four are marked "Electric Vehicle Parking Only"; the rest are marked "Two Hour Maximum" (I guess for ICE cars?) Everything looks ready to go except that the charging connector cables are zip-tied and the ends are encased in little Cones of Shame. Look forward to this going live!

TeslaConnector.jpg

TeslaSunset.jpg

I stopped by this evening around 7pm, took a few photos. Ten superchargers in a row; four are marked "Electric Vehicle Parking Only"; the rest are marked "Two Hour Maximum" (I guess for ICE cars?) Everything looks ready to go except that the charging connector cables are zip-tied and the ends are encased in little Cones of Shame. Look forward to this going live!

Clones of Shame, very funny.

I noticed the stands were missing the cord and charger handle clip/holder I've seen on similar superchargers around the state. I expect they'll be installed by the Tesla technician when the station is certified and goes live.

The holsters are present on the supercharging pedestals. note: photos in previous posts. This site is very close to being operational and it may be later today or this weekend. Those of you who are local to this site need to be checking this site really often. It's just gotta be any time now!!!!

The holsters are present on the supercharging pedestals. note: photos in previous posts. This site is very close to being operational and it may be later today or this weekend. Those of you who are local to this site need to be checking this site really often. It's just gotta be any time now!!!!
OK, Ok, I'll hop in my S and head over there right this moment!

OK, Ok, I'll hop in my S and head over there right this moment!

Here now at charger. Not working yet. I live only 8 minutes away but somebody else will have to check Saturday as I'm gone until Monday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow almost ready. The closest supercharger to me... now all i need is a Tesla!
Locals won't likely charge here anyway, you profit way less than minimum wage and it ain't so good for your battery.

Not ready for charging :-(

The Supercharger station is beautiful, fresh landscaping, bright red on white paint, and the largest station I have ever visited (10-stalls). All we need is electricity...
photo 4.JPG

photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

Disclosure: I did not remove any "cones of shame" or zip ties to plug in and check for juice....I was not desperate for a charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Here now at charger. Not working yet. I live only 8 minutes away but somebody else will have to check Saturday as I'm gone until Monday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Locals won't likely charge here anyway, you profit way less than minimum wage and it ain't so good for your battery.

Though charging combined with savoring a refreshing mug at one of the local brew dispensers may be hard to resist, especially for a local!

Tesla says it's not particularly bad for the battery. And there are plenty of examples of locals using superchargers, even if it seems to defy logic. (See Hawthorne.)

At an average charge rate of 50 kW and $0.20 per kWh, it's only worth $10 per hour for the locals to charge there.

However, a good brewery in the neighborhood of the Supercharger could tip the balance towards more local charging. :cool: