Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bethesda, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are these planned for? Inside the garage across from REI side? I think they have few L2 chargers on one of the up ramps and it is very crowded. I have to see next time when I go where these are located. The Porshe dealer is right next door.
Yes. It’s that one and it sucks. It’s all the way up on 5 too. The garage behind it (under IPIC) is empty usually and really easy to get in/out of. Don’t know why they didn’t do it there but I think it probably has something to do with the fact that this garage has solar panels on the roof.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and bhakan
Someplace similar to rhe open lot next to REI would have been better. But that lot is used for REI sales and lot is used for farmer's market also. The lot is extremely crowded by REI loyalists like me during their sales. Springfield SC has huge outdoor space. People will find out soon that this SC spot is not a great one.

Rockville town center is now open via the nav, which isn’t this location. Surprised this went under the radar.

I was totally surprised to see this location yesterday as well. Tesla wasn’t even showing this location as under permit/construction. I was in Montgomery mall during the day and the Tesla employees mentioned pike and rose would be opening soon with no mention of this RTC location.

As for an update on PNR, I took a look after stopping in Rockville to see if there was any changes. The fence is gone and the chargers appear to be functioning. I walked up to inspect them without my car and was able to release the power cord by pressing the button, but I didn’t have time to return with my car to see if it would activate the charger.

It was great meeting everyone at the Rockville location! Good luck in your travels!!

upload_2020-1-26_10-33-20.jpeg

-Jason

Last edited:
I was totally surprised to see this location yesterday as well. Tesla wasn’t even showing this location as under permit/construction. I was in Montgomery mall during the day and the Tesla employees mentioned pike and rose would be opening soon with no mention of this RTC location.

As for an update on PNR, I took a look after stopping in Rockville to see if there was any changes. The fence is gone and the chargers appear to be functioning. I walked up to inspect them without my car and was able to release the power cord by pressing the button, but I didn’t have time to return with my car to see if it would activate the charger.

It was great meeting everyone at the Rockville location! Good luck in your travels!!

View attachment 504435

-Jason

The power cord isn't locked into the pedestal and can simply be lifted out even if the power isn't on. Pressing the button opens your charge port.

Thanks for the update on this location. Looks ready to go!

IMG_0687.JPG

picture

IMG_0688.JPG

picture

IMG_0689.JPG

Button on connector did not open my charge port and when plugged in only received Ready to Charge message on charging screen with no light from my charge port.

Followed conduit from top of cabinet in last picture (not sure what that is with this 72kW setup) and that led me all the way down to the lower level of the garage which was restricted to residents only and blocked by steel roll top doors, so I'm assuming any meter might be located down there. :(

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lanny