Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 10.56.53 PM.png
First picture shows proximity to I75 (less than 1/4 mile) and some of the surrounding area and stores near the Meijer location. Second screen shot just zooms on the location at the end of the north island where installation is taking place.

View attachment 255392
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 10.59.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Pretty sure they have a machine they use to pull the wire. I've seen some home improvement shows where they pull the wire using a pickup truck (after greasing it up). I doubt they do that at the SC's, but that sure would be funny to see.

There are pullers/ tuggers that pros use.
Greenlee 6906 UT10-2S 2-Speed Cable Puller with Mobile VersiBoom

On the DIY end, I ran 240 or so feet of 3-250kcmil and 1-#2 aluminum to the barn using a Harbor Freight 900 lb boat trailer hand crank type winch. Not too bad with one person pushing and one pulling.
For 30 ft and large conduit, it's not too bad. Aluminum is larger diameter, but seemed easier to bend. Landing it on the terminals was the worst. Ended up unbolting the terminal, slipping it over the wire, then bolting it back on.
Those SC cabinets look like they have current sense transformers (the black donuts), so they need to put a 90 in the wire to get it through those.

Well, at least the stanchions are up (and probably wired) and the meter box is installed and it appears that the switch gear is also in place behind the supercharger cases (having been there numerous times that is at least what it looks like from this vantage point). Now the wait begins for Toledo Edison/First Energy to install the transformer. :(
Thanks for the update

Stopped by yesterday (10/28/17) to follow up on progress shown by @Bheuring photos. I don't know why I doubted planning on their part. I really thought things might not be ready for electricity. However, I found a bore hole used to feed conduit under the road between electrical service poles and the new transformer location. Don't know why I expected a trench to be dug; so old school. Boring residue points toward conduits next to pole.
IMG_3799.jpg
IMG_3798.jpg
IMG_3797.jpg

The grey conduits pass under the road to the transformer vault; red conduits lead to meter and electrical switch gear seen in other photos. The location of the hole and surrounding orange fence can be seen in the next photos. Under road conduit passes just right of the left tree and from the pole (almost) visible behind supercharger cases.

IMG_3795.jpg
IMG_3796.jpg

Trex all weather fencing ready to install in addition to the protective bollards.
IMG_3793.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3793.jpg

Stopped by today (11/2/2017). Transformer foundation and conduits now installed. Lots of final clean up work in progress: debris pickup, etc. Workmen said only that Toledo Edison was schedule sometime between tomorrow and next week (11/10/17?) to install their electrical service.
Sweet, thanks for the update. We're driving from Dayton to north of Detroit over Thanksgiving. Hoping to use this charger!

And where are the pics?! Getting lazy on us? :p /s

Thanks for the post! I, too, stopped today. Everything except meter connected. My only different shots are connections at the pole but those are pretty boring! Those bollards are apparently the only protective posts. Other SpC have more extensive protection. I'm guessing early next week for power.There is still site work, including the fences, to complete. Don't know about Tesla. But it shouldn't be too long. Wonder why they didn't install a 4th SpC case at Maumee while they're in the area. Conduits and pad are already there.

Last edited:
Stopped on the way back from Canada on Saturday 11/11. Despite what I learned on Thursday, they did NOT install the meter. Some minor grading, seeding, and materials put down to cover but not much else. Stakes set presumably where the fence posts will be located but again, not much else.

The old adage "a watched pot never boils" could probably be paraphrased here as " a watched supercharger under construction is never finished". Glad I have a 90 Kwh battery; I still have some charge remaining.o_O

Update for 10/7/2017:
They are also doing something in Mason, OH (close to Blue Ash where Tesla Cincinnati is located). He referenced the mini pod pictured later with the 5 supercharger cases and said the trailer in Mason, OH was twice as big (20 charging spots and 10 chargers)? I can find nothing indicating Mason is the site of the new Cincinnati SpC but all these guys do is SpC installations so I have to accept this info as accurate.

Has anyone heard anything else about a possible new SpC in Mason? Seems close to the Blue Ash one and doesn't add much in terms of long term travel. One on I-75 would make more sense for north-south travel on 75.

The Meijer in the area is technically not in Mason but in Loveland and I only see construction of a new fast food restaurant there. There's another Meijer in West Chester - haven't checked it yet but it would make more sense to me since its just off I-75.

If anyone has any other ideas, I can check them out.