Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minocqua, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it's kind of an island up there for high speed charging, but it looks like they're putting some CCS chargers in soon. That might help guys with the newer Teslas whenever Tesla decides to release the adapter.

There's also a guy up there with a free NEMA-50 plug that anyone can use for free.
Can you shed more light on the CCS chargers or is this just a rumor? Possible location or affiliated network?

Can you shed more light on the CCS chargers or is this just a rumor? Possible location or affiliated network?

Sure. Go to www.plugshare.com, and zoom into the Houghton area. Make sure the filters are such so that you can see CCS chargers.

The City of Houghton was awarded a grant to install two CCS chargers. The first comment about the City of Houghton one has the details, hopefully by OCT 2022. They're waiting on parts.

Festival Foods on Highway 26 is supposed to get one as well. So is the Copper Harbor Visitor's Center on the tip of the peninsula.

There's a guy in Ahmeek, MI, that bought an abandoned building for 200 bucks and put a NEMA 14-50 plug that anyone is allowed to plug into, along with numerous campgrounds with NEMA 14-50 plugs scattered about. And then there are some J1772s here and there in the Houghton area.

My Model S says "CCS Adapter Not Installed" so I won't get to enjoy that CCS goodness visiting my kid at MTU : (

Last edited:
Thanks, I never thought to look on Plugshare in that area. I'm in the process of enabling the CCS1 on my 2018 M3p. I've already purchased the official Tesla CCS1 to Tesla adapter from S korea. I'm just waiting for the next Software update to enable the required Gen4 Charge port ECU w/ DIY harness adapter.

Reactions: Utah John
Thanks, I never thought to look on Plugshare in that area. I'm in the process of enabling the CCS1 on my 2018 M3p. I've already purchased the official Tesla CCS1 to Tesla adapter from S korea. I'm just waiting for the next Software update to enable the required Gen4 Charge port ECU w/ DIY harness adapter.

Cool. So there's hope for me as my 2019 Model S screen says, "CCS Adapter Support, Not Installed." I was wondering if it could be added afterward, someday......

Cool. So there's hope for me as my 2019 Model S screen says, "CCS Adapter Support, Not Installed." I was wondering if it could be added afterward, someday......
I've heard an official upgrade to CCS1 for older cars is coming (who knows when though) I'm sure it's low priority considering everything else Tesla has on it's plate. It does require upgrading the Charge port ECU plus a minor software update. I'm just doing the early adopter Unofficial work around DIY installation that has been posted here on TMC.

Reactions: ualdriver
Update, drove by today. The paint from diggers hotline getting old on the grass, no flags and zero progress. Waiting....

Attachments

• IMG_20220723_2314.jpg
    IMG_20220723_2314.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 190
Here's a wider picture (courtesy of the Tesla WI Community). I'm not sure what if any of those white boxes are transformer/switch cabinets. Would love to be educated!View attachment 835393
The large White Cabinet cluster on the right are Switch Gear enclosures. I don’t see the typical large green ground transformer. They might be using traditional pole mounted individual line transformers at the top on the power pole near the light green box though. That box is not a transformer. The meter box is on the end of the right white cabinet.