Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mebane, NC - Trollingwood Hawfield Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a new Mebane Supercharger location might be coming. There is a proposed Buc-ee’s for 1447 Trollingwood Hawfield Road that has Tesla Superchargers in its site plan. Not sure if that qualifies for a permit, but it's probably a good sign for a new location.

@Jeremy3292 you seem to be good at finding permits

1688156471372.png

Looks like a new Mebane Supercharger location might be coming. There is a proposed Buc-ee’s for 1447 Trollingwood Hawfield Road that has Tesla Superchargers in its site plan. Not sure if that qualifies for a permit, but it's probably a good sign for a new location.

@Jeremy3292 you seem to be good at finding permits

View attachment 952166
This is so ironic bc I stopped at the Mebane SuC at the Sheetz mid-morning today on the way to the lake for July 4th weekend. My wife mentioned this new Buc-ees to me just an hour or so ago also. I’m not sure there would be a permit yet though, as the rezoning request hasn’t been approved yet.

Full documents below:

Last edited:
This is so ironic bc I stopped at the Mebane SuC at the Sheetz mid-morning today on the way to the lake for July 4th weekend. My wife mentioned this new Buc-ees to me just an hour or so ago also. I’m not sure there would be a permit yet though, as the rezoning request hasn’t been approved yet.

Full documents below:

What a small world!

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Also a bit more Bucee's sleuthing. The Telsa / Bucee's relationship seems to be strong. Really strong.

This article from '21 mentions that 26 Bucee's locations will get Tesla Superchargers.

While I didn't confirm if all of those locations in fact do have Superchargers, that's a healthy number of stores. As of June '23, Bucee's has 46 locations in operation. So that's ~55% of locations but the numbers are from two different time periods. If Bucee's has grown 5 stores a year, that would mean 72% of all Bucee's locations would have a Tesla Supercharger. Obviously these numbers are just estimates and are baked in with assumptions (also there could be Bucee's locations that have Superchargers that are not in that list - indicating a stronger relationship),. But you might be able to conclude that if a Bucee's is going to be built there's a good chance they'll have a Tesla Supercharger.

I noticed a planned Bucee's in Anderson, SC in 2025, so another possible location for us in the SE. The growth rate of Supercharger locations is already at breakneck pace and will only increase from here. It's exciting!

Also a bit more Bucee's sleuthing. The Telsa / Bucee's relationship seems to be strong. Really strong.

This article from '21 mentions that 26 Bucee's locations will get Tesla Superchargers.

While I didn't confirm if all of those locations in fact do have Superchargers, that's a healthy number of stores. As of June '23, Bucee's has 46 locations in operation. So that's ~55% of locations but the numbers are from two different time periods. If Bucee's has grown 5 stores a year, that would mean 72% of all Bucee's locations would have a Tesla Supercharger. Obviously these numbers are just estimates and are baked in with assumptions (also there could be Bucee's locations that have Superchargers that are not in that list - indicating a stronger relationship),. But you might be able to conclude that if a Bucee's is going to be built there's a good chance they'll have a Tesla Supercharger.

I noticed a planned Bucee's in Anderson, SC in 2025, so another possible location for us in the SE. The growth rate of Supercharger locations is already at breakneck pace and will only increase from here. It's exciting!

The one in Anderson SC is near my work and that exit interchange needs massive improvements. Not sure if that one is actually happening still. Lots of blue tape and SCDOT would have to pay for lots of the improvements also.

The one in Anderson SC is near my work and that exit interchange needs massive improvements. Not sure if that one is actually happening still. Lots of blue tape and SCDOT would have to pay for lots of the improvements also.
Saw that too. Seems like a ways away.

Reactions: Jeremy3292