Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deforest, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to Start this Thread as Place holder.

It was announced March 1 on Madison News outlets, Buc-ee’s was looking to come to WI. The location is just North of Madison at the I-90/94/39 & county highway V exit. (Deforest, WI). At the time it was only in the early permitting phases. This new location will feature a 73,000 sq ft store with 120 gas pumps and 20 EV charging stations ( Tesla Superchargers )
Due to the expected traffic volume increases, the state and county likely need to modify existing intersections and add traffic lights. There are many pieces to this puzzle that need to fall in place. That said, I drove by the site yesterday and noticed many new Survey markers spread around the site. It’s very possible this location could be in operation a year from now.

Credit MarcoRP for site Images he posted on Twitter .

516C5B88-2272-4FEC-8537-A6AA0AD94030.jpeg

B85C3E84-7BE0-434E-BAE6-78A4F3485135.jpeg

476B4DF4-CED6-4DB1-8D9B-1C11B49067FD.jpeg

We went to our first ever Buc-ees while driving to Texas last month. It was in Temple Tx. They had 45 stations. When I saw it on the map I thought wow 45 stalls. lol. I know they have some Tesla super chargers stations that have many chargers but most around here have around 8-12 or so. So I thought wow I should take opportunity to stop here. Then second thought was, what is a "Buc-ee's". I had no idea. :D All I have to say is WOW, talk about a super gas station lol. Then I heard they are building one here in Madison. (We live near Milwaukee). So this will be a real treat for WI and to have 20 Superchargers is great!

Reactions: Cyberjr
I did a historical record search for information about the Buc-ees project. It is moving forward through all the channels and permitting processes. It is
a very lengthy process.The Village of Deforest is currently going through annexation and easement processes for Water and Sewage infrastructure to the property. I watched a video recording of a planning & zoning committee meeting from March. The representative for Bucees said, Tesla has a strong relationship with them and they will be installing Superchargers at ALL Buc-ees locations eventually. He also stated, another EV charging network provider was also planning to install the “universal plug “ chargers. He was not at liberty to disclose the provider. Only that they were expected to announce something in the near future. This was from a March meeting before the industry transition to NACS was announced.

He was asked by one of the committee members what Bucees was planning to do with the high number gas pumps on sight as it was announced GM would end ICE vehicle sales in 2035. He said, Bucees is Fuel Agnostic. As demand for EV infrastructure increases they will deploy more equipment over time. The will adjust gas pump numbers downward if demand dictates .