Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is excellent news.

Side note. I did not know bowling green was on the list for a supercharger. I guess the second one in nashville for 2016 is actually bowling greens.

I and many others were expecting Elizabethtown to be the connector from Nashville to Louisville. Bowling Green and Elizabethtown would be nice but one is as good as the other for I-65.

I keep thinking not everyone is going to be happy with any site in Louisville so it might be best to build in New Albany or Jeffersonville just over the line in Indiana where zoning does not restrict DCFC to "gas stations".

Any thoughts on stretching a Lexington to Nashville (Brentwood) leg this weekend with a 90D? Google says it is 238 miles. Once Louisville or BG is up and running this is a no-brainer.

I have to believe that with a reasonably light touch on the accelerator pedal, you could easily make it to the Lex SC with a 90. I have made the trip this summer in the other direction with an "old" Feb 2013 P85 (2 passangers and about 150 lbs luggage) and stopped 2 hrs in E-town, but the charge I had left on the machine on arrival to B-wood was about the amount that I gained in E-town. You do gain elevation going toward Lex, but I didn't see a big difference in Wh/mi going either direction. I've been tempted to try and make a go of it in my car! If you do it, let us know.

On the trip there, alone. On the trip back (Lex-Nashville) myself and 3 passengers and luggage (nothing heavy, 2 smaller kids and wife, probably total 480 lbs including all passengers and luggage. It was in a 2 week old P85D, with a Chademo adaptor along for the ride just in case (but not used). There are at least 2 Chademos on the northern outskirts of Nashville where I could have charged if necessary.

If memory serves, I still had almost 30 miles left when I arrived at Brentwood. Max charged when leaving Meijer in Lexington, kept the car in range mode, drove at a careful but comfortable speed on a beautiful, cool Sunday morning. I typically drive a couple of mph faster than everyone else on the road, so I wasn't going slowly.

Last edited: