Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The information may be public but being able see how many slots are currently being used at individual SCs are compared to building a detailed database of global SC utilization are two very different things. Tesla may consider the latter to be proprietary information and not want it to be publicly available.

If the information age has taught us nothing else, information demands to be liberated from whomever is controlling it. ;)

RT

• Funny
Reactions: Max*
If the information age has taught us nothing else, information demands to be liberated from whomever is controlling it. ;)

While I suspect there are people within Tesla Motors who aren't happy about the Firmware Tracker exposing what normally is an internal thing --- I haven't heard from anyone in Tesla regarding that data being "public." Certainly frequency and spread of firmware updates could be used to impute software defect rates and other unsavory things, if people were so inclined.

Would be nice to see which cars are headed to the supercharger but that is probably not part of the public data. Your website could probably show how long each car has been plugged in assuming a first in first out algorithm.

It may not be totally accurate, but if you know one car has been there over an hour and three cars just showed up 10 minutes ago, with only five stalls, you may want to skip that charger.

SuperCharger Realtime Map - EV-Prices - Tesla Price History & Modeler

I'm guessing the data comes from one of the rooted cars/systems.
OMG! Look at all the green available SuperChargers! California needs WAYYYY more SuperChargers to keep pace; I had no idea the rest of the country had it so great! (Slightly exaggerated to counteract the "California gets too many SuperChargers" rhetoric; the distance to SuperChargers in the rest of the country is very large. I'd caution Tesla not to invest too much more into SuperChargers if they're coming out with a new charging paradigm soon.)
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 5.41.58 PM.png

Well, I guess my work here is done!

Thanks @HankLloydRight! How often does @wk057 post data to your site?

Actually, I have nothing to do with this site. It's very well done. I don't know the data source or the refresh frequency. Really, no need for me to do anything else.

Thanks to whoever put that together so quickly, my weekend just suddenly freed up!

The data/site is run by Jason. He beat me to it. However, besides the map, I think it would be interesting to be able to look at historic data and trends.

Show me a list of SuCs that have been full for more than x minutes/day/week/month.

Chose an SuC and see a histogram of availability. Every block is 10 min. Green/ yellow/red. The week view would be interesting. Easy to find the busiest times.

Etc

Reactions: Ulmo and Saghost
The data/site is run by Jason. He beat me to it. However, besides the map, I think it would be interesting to be able to look at historic data and trends.

Show me a list of SuCs that have been full for more than x minutes/day/week/month.

Chose an SuC and see a histogram of availability. Every block is 10 min. Green/ yellow/red. The week view would be interesting. Easy to find the busiest times.

Etc

Absolutely. I made a similar but less detailed suggestion in the other thread. It would be very interesting to see the historical trends for a site - especially if you're planning a trip and need to use a busy site to see when it's usually free.

I emailed the domain registrant email for that SuperCharger RealTime Map website to have them remove the door code to the lounges, since those are currently public on his new web site, and I don't think they should be. In case that email doesn't reach him, perhaps someone else can contact Scott or whoever made that web site so that they can have him remove the door codes from publication.

Reactions: bmah