Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Italy, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is located between Waco and Dallas on I35 at a Love's Travel stop, with an embedded Carl's Jr. Across the street there is another gas station and an embedded BBQ place (of unknown quality).

full

full

Great find! It looks like the pedestals are almost complete. Did you take pictures or notice the progress on the other major components of a Supercharger site? (electrical transformer, power distribution cabinet, superchargers, enclosure to make those industrial components look nice)

Notifying @BlueShift for inclusion on supercharge.info

Reporting thread with a request for an admin to update the thread title and location with the standard format.

Based off the pictures and little Google Maps kung-fu, I'd guess the lat/long coordinates as: 32.1949355, -96.8994992

Reactions: vrykolas
Great find! It looks like the pedestals are almost complete. Did you take pictures or notice the progress on the other major components of a Supercharger site? (electrical transformer, power distribution cabinet, superchargers, enclosure to make those industrial components look nice)

Notifying @BlueShift for inclusion on supercharge.info

Reporting thread with a request for an admin to update the thread title and location with the standard format.

Based off the pictures and little Google Maps kung-fu, I'd guess the lat/long coordinates as: 32.1949355, -96.8994992

Forgot to get coordinates, but it is on the SE corner of the intersection.

The units in this pic have since been concealed with an enclosure today.

There is a brand new McDonalds going in across the street (NE side, not on the NW side of the intersection where the large sign is visible.

IMG_7352.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
So there is no eatery right next to the SpCs ? You have to go to the other side of the highway through the underpass to get to McD ?

SC is on the SE corner with Carl's Jr and Loves. NE corner is the brand new McDs under construction (visible in the second pic), and in an existing building on the NE side there is another gas station with a BBQ place (not shown, but you can check yelp or google street view). On the other side of 35 there are two more gas stations and an existing McDs, based on what I see under the overpass (don't really pay too much attention to McDs).

Hopefully, the old McD will be replaced with a better dining option. Probably Waco is a better place if you want somewhat decent cuisine at Collin Street, and this if you like fast food or Grandy's or Loves.

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas
Good find!!!

I recognize that area. Got a no front license plate fix it or ticket warning just 1/4 mile up i35 in my other car. Dang highway patrol.

I would have thought such tickets were more likely in small towns--so much for removing the front plates. This Labor Day weekend I must have passed nearly a dozen state police cars on just the southbound side of 35 between Dallas and Austin, which to me seemed a stark difference from non-holiday traffic.

I would have thought such tickets were more likely in small towns--so much for removing the front plates. This Labor Day weekend I must have passed nearly a dozen state police cars on just the southbound side of 35 between Dallas and Austin, which to me seemed a stark difference from non-holiday traffic.

I think the state troopers have occasional enforcement focus areas. I'd gone 4 years without a front plate prior. It had fallen off when the double sided tape failed (Acura).

I also remember that gas station in the picture was waaaay overpriced.

I'm driving through there in the S on the 29th and back in the 30th. Hope it's ready!

First! (all in good fun)

Italy is online, it wasn't when I checked last night but I was just routed through it.

The HC spot is on the far end behind the RV (furthest from the store.) 5 of 10 are 30 minute general spots. 1 pull in 9 back in.
Thanks for the great news and the photo! OBTW- If I counted correctly, that folks in the RV may have managed to ICE 7/10 spots at once! Hope it wasn't a long meal...;)