Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I am wondering what the route is like going directly from Tejon Ranch SC to Indio SC (when it opens). I know it is 210 miles per google map. But it seems to be too close for comfort for someone who has never done it before.
I know I can always go to Hawthorne first, but much rather not go into LA traffic if I can avoid it on this particular trip. Anybody who knows the terrain on this route I appreciate the help and advice. :confused:
I am a newbie (delivery 9/26/14).

Hi I am wondering what the route is like going directly from Tejon Ranch SC to Indio SC (when it opens). I know it is 210 miles per google map. But it seems to be too close for comfort for someone who has never done it before.
I know I can always go to Hawthorne first, but much rather not go into LA traffic if I can avoid it on this particular trip. Anybody who knows the terrain on this route I appreciate the help and advice. :confused:
I am a newbie (delivery 9/26/14).

If you don't want to drive through LA, you can take the 138 through the high desert and then head south on the 15 (and then 215) to meet up with the 10. It's a pretty straight-forward route and is downhill overall. The first part of the 138 right after getting off the 5 is some decent scenery too, but after that it's all just ugly desert. Traffic should be little-to-no factor though.

No such thing as " ugly desert".
Desert Tesla Club
760-617-7666
:)
I would take the 5 to the 210 east, lots of chargers on the 210 east. Lunch places too.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the Tesla family.

- - - Updated - - -

I recently drove Palm Springs to Berkeley, Berkeley to Palm Springs, on the 101, no problem once Oxnard and Indio come online. Freeways, 10 west, to 33 north, to 210 west, to 134 west, to 101 north. Piece of cake. Awesome scenery too.

Fantastic! Thanks for the prompt replies, though I am in no hurry for it at the moment -- I do not have the car yet, nor is Indio live yet. But it is great to know I can easily make it without going into LAX area.
i should have mentioned that I am getting an 85S. I had put my vehicle configuration down when I signed up on TMC, but the info would not show up in my post.
Thanks again.

I live In Yucaipa - my home address, location and phone number are therr - so for anyone tripping from LA to PS, please stop in for a bump-up charge - I have a HPWC that delivers 55+/-mph and a 50 amp for those who need it -

- - - Updated - - -

How does one load the info on one's own Model S - looking but not finding -

Here's the transformer
image.jpg

Unfortunately didn't have my model S to test it

You know I did not try and charge the first time i went by so went back, Still no power, i had a full charge to start but wanted to check anyway, you can see the error message on the second picture "Check Charger Power" hopefully they will turn on the power this week. I leave town on Tuesday and will check again..

image.jpg

image.jpg

I noticed the dark green main transformer and TESLA AC-DC inverter cabinets were pad locked.
The dark green distribution cabinets ( also behind the wood fence ) handles were only zip tied.

Maybe this was posted before but interesting that the TESLA webpage indicates 1 stall. (There are 8).

Indo SPc.JPG

Anyway no indication on the TESLA website about an opening date that I found.

Has to be starting up very soon.