Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Ft. Myers confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I think it would be counter productive to the goodwill and spirit that these forums provide. The last thing we want is to have Tesla or it's partners put the kibosh on this forum.

I vote for letting the process play out unless public input is necessary to motivate a City Council or Mayor.

Looks like a letter of approval went out on 5-23-13. Contained within the letter are the plans. It's beautiful!! 8 shiny new superchargers!

http://permits.leegov.com/tm_bin/tm...le=L99 APPROVAL LTR AND PLANS DATED 5-23-13_6

Yes, 8 parking spots near the side of Dick's Sporting Goods.

Supercharger at Fort Myers.jpg

Larry

140 miles from my house in one direction, 143 miles to KTPA in the other. Lots of food and drink, and right next to the highway. May all Superchargers be this convenient...

- - - Updated - - -

Would anyone care to speculate on when this Supercharger might be operational?

It looks to be in the group open by the end of June. It's gray on the summer, 2013 tab? The press release suggests all of the Summer 2013 locations open this month.

I'm sorry you are correct. I'll edit my posting to avoid confusion.

The interactive map says Summer, 2013. Summer starts on June 21 and ends on September 21.

Larry

Last edited:
I'm sorry you are correct. I'll edit my posting to avoid confusion.

The interactive map says Summer, 2013. Summer starts on June 21 and ends on September 21.

Larry

Not to quibble, but to meet the "Triple the number of Tesla Supercharger stations by the end of next month" {June 2013} commitment in the press release, all of the Summer 2013 dots need to be complete this month. Exciting if that's what they mean and that's what they execute. Tesla Dramatically Expands Supercharger Network, Delivering Convenient, Free long Distance Driving Throughout U.S. and Canada (NASDAQ:TSLA)

Not to quibble, but to meet the "Triple the number of Tesla Supercharger stations by the end of next month" {June 2013} commitment in the press release, all of the Summer 2013 dots need to be complete this month. Exciting if that's what they mean and that's what they execute. Tesla Dramatically Expands Supercharger Network, Delivering Convenient, Free long Distance Driving Throughout U.S. and Canada (NASDAQ:TSLA)

I sincerely hope your interpretation is correct.

Here's what the press release says:

Triple the number of Tesla Supercharger stations by the end of next month, including additional stations in California, coverage of the northwest region from Vancouver to Seattle to Portland, Austin to Dallas in Texas, Illinois and Colorado. There will also be four additional eastern seaboard stations, expanding the density of the network to provide for more convenient stopping points.

There's no explicit mention of Florida. There are however 4 gray dots located in the Northeast on the interactive map.

Construction has not started on the Fort Myers Supercharger yet and the Port St. Lucie Superchargers have not yet received permit approval.

In the following paragraph the press release explicitly mentions Florida.

Within six months the Tesla Supercharger network will connect most of the major metro areas in the US and Canada, including expansion into Arizona, additional stations in Texas, Florida, and the Midwest, stations connecting Ottawa to Montreal, and across North and South Carolina into Georgia. It will also be possible to travel diagonally across the country from Los Angeles to New York using only the Tesla Supercharger network.

As I said I hope you're right, but it might be prudent for us Floridians to manage our expectations. If Florida got 3 operational Superchargers in 6 months I'd be very pleased.

Larry