Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hooksett NH Rest Areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its nice that they added more stalls at this location, but had anyone seen this site full before?
I drive by there fairly regularly when visiting my parents up north, and I've never noticed it full.

I probably would have preferred if they waited and upgraded the existing stations to v3.
For V2 stalls like these which share the available power, the better question is have you ever seen the site HALF full? Once more than half of the stalls are being used, then someone is getting access to less than full power. Also, they are trying to build to support surge usage on popular travel days (Thanksgiving and Xmas holidays, etc) in advance of need where possible.

Just left the SB SuC... all the stalls were inoperative. No indication on the nav that there was an issue. The nav was sending us straight home to arrive with 5% charge, so we are ok. We were only stopping for the bathroom and a 10 minute charge. Other cars were arriving constantly and some people looked upset that they couldn't charge.

When we plugged in, the port just remained black, although it locked on the cable.

For V2 stalls like these which share the available power, the better question is have you ever seen the site HALF full? Once more than half of the stalls are being used, then someone is getting access to less than full power. Also, they are trying to build to support surge usage on popular travel days (Thanksgiving and Xmas holidays, etc) in advance of need where possible.

I've stopped at the NB side on ski weekends when it was completely full just after or shortly after I plugged in. Once I came back to my car to see someone even waiting, who took my spot afterwards. So it's good to see this expansion.

I've stopped at the NB side on ski weekends when it was completely full just after or shortly after I plugged in. Once I came back to my car to see someone even waiting, who took my spot afterwards. So it's good to see this expansion.

Yes, the same happened to to me on the SB side. It was half full when I got there but when I came back after 20 minutes or so it was completely full and there was a driver that tried to use the (then) broken stall and took my place after I left.

I have noticed that when I choose this supercharger to route to. There is a huge delay on how many stalls are open. The other night it said 6 out of 12 were open and then when I arrived it was empty. Anyone else notice this?
I don't think this is a Hooksett thing in general... For me going into almost every supercharger visit, the data shown on screen doesn't line up with reality. Usually it lags a few minutes before updating, and often it's completely wrong for the duration of my stay.

Anybody have a contact to see about getting the SB Hooksett Supercharger snow cleaned up?

I was heading south last Sunday and you lose 1/4 to 1/2 of a parking spot on each end due to snowbanks.

On the south end, we had a model 3 not plugged in blocking a spot putting two spots out of service. Thus what should support 8 cars was only able to service 5 cars and with the ski traffic, the charger had a line waiting to charge.

Anybody have a contact to see about getting the SB Hooksett Supercharger snow cleaned up?

I was heading south last Sunday and you lose 1/4 to 1/2 of a parking spot on each end due to snowbanks.

On the south end, we had a model 3 not plugged in blocking a spot putting two spots out of service. Thus what should support 8 cars was only able to service 5 cars and with the ski traffic, the charger had a line waiting to charge.
I actually hopped out and shoveled a bit of that first space out by the dumpster. Two stalls were down from the storm because ice had frozen inside the handle - first time I could recall encountering something about a super charger that really felt like a design flaw. Designed in California, built in New England.

I actually hopped out and shoveled a bit of that first space out by the dumpster. Two stalls were down from the storm because ice had frozen inside the handle - first time I could recall encountering something about a super charger that really felt like a design flaw. Designed in California, built in New England.
That was good of you, I didn't have a shovel, we had a full car of tired/hungry people.

Hopefully, this SC will have less pressure once Concord opens.